Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I'm happy to present a new feature you may have seen on other forums before. I've had a chance to see it in use on another site I work on and thought it would be a nice feature for Orbiter-Forum as well.

What it does:

Many times you may be reading a post that you find very helpful or that you just really like. Instead of posting a reply to the thread just to say thanks you can now locate a "Thanks" button near the Quote button of the post you'd like to say thanks for. Simply click it and your thanks will be shown under the post. Very handy especially for those who like to say thanks, but don't post much. It's also useful for the creator of the thread as a gauge of interest in it.

There is no required post count to use this feature, so even those with no posts can use it, however everyone is limited to giving a maximum of 10 thanks per day.

Enjoy! :cheers:

Mafuskas

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I've never actually seen or thought of this feature before, but now that I know of it, I LOVE it. Thanks Tex! Great work. I can see it becoming one of the most useful things on this whole site. :)

Also nice touch on the max of 10 per day, I could also have seen it being abused, and this function should do wonders for that.

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
Cool feature, I especially like the little hyperlink in the corner;

Remove your thanks...

just got a chuckle or two :)

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
So, if I remove my Thanks, can I use it again under my 10 Thanks limit? :p

Seriously, thanks for your hard work maintaining the forum.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Thanks guys, glad you like it! :cheers:

Hmuda

Reaction score
Well...thanks. :)

Always liked the idea on other boards. Shows who are really helpful in the community.

Oceanic

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
than... no wait i'll use the button :p

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
If I thank someone, who thanks me back, then I thank them back again...do you get a thanks howl-round?

N.

Thanks.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Can a person thank themself? I'm going to try, and if it works, you might want to remove that possibility, because I don't see how self-thanking could possibly be useful except as abuse.

EDIT.

Didn't work. Wasn't even a button available to try.

That was my only concern, so it looks good.

Last edited:

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
If I thank someone, who thanks me back, then I thank them back again...do you get a thanks howl-round?

N.

Thanks.

It will only let you thank someone once per post, so they would have to thank you back for one of your actual posts. Another words when you hit Thanks for someone's post, they can't thank your thanks back.

Jeez, that's a lot of thanks... :lol:

Can a person thank themself? I'm going to try, and if it works, you might want to remove that possibility, because I don't see how self-thanking could possibly be useful except as abuse.

EDIT.

Didn't work. Wasn't even a button available to try.

That was my only concern, so it looks good.

Indeed, I could turn the ability on to thank yourself, but I agree that would be totally pointless. It's only meant to say a quick thanks to someone without the need to post an actual reply, unless of course you wanted to anyway. ;)