NASSP Prepare for PDI

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hello,
I tried to use the scenario "Apollo 11 - 12 - Before PDI T+102h28min.scn", and there is this "CLR" Button blinking but if I press it, nothing happent...
Is there something still wrong with the scenario or what I have to do? If there is any guide in the folders please let me know I don't have MS Office to check it...

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ah yeah, DEDA Clear is blinking there. That's caused by the Checklist MFD, but the MFD is off from where it should be, so just ignore that. It's actually already showing the checklist for the lunar surface. I flew the mission when the checklists for the Checklist MFD were being worked on, so they are a bit off in the timeline.

Instead use this: https://www.ibiblio.org/apollo/Documents/Apollo11-LM-TimelineBook-excerpts.pdf This is the flown checklist for this part of the missions, scanned by Buzz Aldrin himself I believe. The scenario starts at about 12 minutes before PDI, so pick up the checklist on PDF page 4, on the right hand side, at the "+50". That is referencing the event timer, which is at 47:48 and counting up when the scenario starts.

Closer to a full NASSP release the scenarios will all be updated with ones that have the right checklist open of course. The current Apollo 9-11 scenarios are just there because I was requested to include them, no guarantee that they are 100% working.

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hi thank you!
Ok and how should I read that check list (e.g. in the first line @50+)?

So V47 means Verb 4 7 on the DSKY right? Without Enter?
And what does "414+1" means? It's input for the AGC or AGS???

I just need to understand the concept of that check list...

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi thank you!
Ok and how should I read that check list (e.g. in the first line @50+)?

So V47 means Verb 4 7 on the DSKY right? Without Enter?
And what does "414+1" means? It's input for the AGC or AGS???

I just need to understand the concept of that check list...

Yeah, that format is not easily readable. All three digit codes are for the AGS. V47 is doing a PGNS to AGS state vector transfer. And the checklist is even abbreviated, doesn't have each exact step. You already need to know the AGC and AGS quite well to understand this checklists.

If you are new to the AGS and don't want to deal with it just skip everything in that checklist until the Landing Radar circuit breaker closing at +55. Just pick up again from there.

sw34669

Reaction score
I seem to have this older scenario file "Apollo 11 - 12 - Before PDI T+102h28min" but have the latest update of NASSP.

Is there somewhere I can get the updated version or an idea of how to align the checklist index to the point this save was upto

thanks.

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
In the Checklist MFD press the NAV button and then select Flight Plan. Then you are in the right checklist. Then you still need to press PRO a bunch of times in the MFD to get to where the checklist currently should be.

sw34669

Reaction score
ah, bingo ! thx
oh i've just finished reading buzzzzz's squint scan of his SEP-DOI-PDI sheets. I have them printed out now and can read them.
Funny, I met him in 1999 at a customer event we were hosting in Barcelona. Lovely man, signing copies of his book, Encounter with Tiber. He didnt take well to any questions about moon landing conspiracy theories.
SEQ CAMR - ON ? Is that the 1FPS camera they had on board ... oh come on what do you mean you dont simulate it with all the horrific landings we all make during training !

sw34669

Reaction score
The Flying Scotsman has landed, houston, break out the deep fried mars bars. Luckilly I have some time in a Robinson 22 so, landing was soft, just, some way from the target. Thanks for all the help and support, where in the LM was the ashtray ?
1612228860133.png