Project Apollo NASSP yellow marker problem

ItaLiaNKiinG

Reaction score
I need help with the Project Apollo, Apollo 7 scenario, I click on the highlight option in the checklist MFD and it works 98% of the time but every now and again I'll get a checklist assignment that doesn't light up even after I found the switch I'm looking for.. the switch was not already set to where it's supposed to be either, do I just find it manually or is there something wrong?

---------- Post added 05-20-17 at 06:43 AM ---------- Previous post was 05-19-17 at 08:14 PM ----------

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Can you give an example of a switch that doesn't seem to have a yellow marker? It could be a bug, or sometimes instead of the switch itself a display associated with the switch has the yellow marker. That is the case for e.g. the event timer. In that case not the event timer controls are highlighted but the event timer display.

ItaLiaNKiinG

Reaction score
I will run the simulation again and once I reach the switch that doesn't appear I will let you know, there's more than one, I'll log each one down and let you know.. also another problem, when I run the simulation with the automatic execution the rocket doesn't seem to get into a full orbit and ends up burning up in the atmosphere and falls to earth.. don't know why that is, I don't touch the switches or anything the whole time, anyways I will let you know which switches do not appear

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I will run the simulation again and once I reach the switch that doesn't appear I will let you know, there's more than one, I'll log each one down and let you know.. also another problem, when I run the simulation with the automatic execution the rocket doesn't seem to get into a full orbit and ends up burning up in the atmosphere and falls to earth.. don't know why that is, I don't touch the switches or anything the whole time, anyways I will let you know which switches do not appear

If you are using the NASSP 8.0 Alpha, then the Saturn IB is currently partially broken and the Apollo 7 scenario won't get you into orbit. There is not much you can do in the spacecraft to affect the trajectory that the Saturn vehicle is going to fly, so I doubt any switch setting done by the automatic checklist execution would cause you not reaching orbit.

ItaLiaNKiinG

Reaction score
I'm running NASSP 7.0, running the Apollo 7 LVSD or however you spell it (I'm in the sim as we speak and trying to find the yellow markers that are not appearing so I can't exit to check the abbreviations). Anyways I found the first yellow marker not appearing..
T-1:21:00
EDS Test Complete
INTERCOM - T/R 9

T-1:13:00
UP TLM IU - BLOCK 2 (This one was in the correct position the INTERCOM was not)

T-00:55:00
C/W NORM - BOOST 2

T-00:44:00
EDS POWER - on (up) 7

OKAY wait.. these markers only show up at the specific T time right? Ahhh I know why this is happening now.. at least I think..

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

Okay I think I figured out why the yellow markers were not appearing, wasn't the proper T-__:__:__ time, however, running the simulator with automatic execution the rocket ends up not gaining a high enough orbit to stay up, the rocket ends up falling back to Earth, I tried multiple times and I track the orbit through Orbit MFD and it's PEA is always around 17.00k, the only thing I clicked was time acceleration x10.

(By the way like I said I'm using NASSP 7.0 on the Apollo 7 Virtual AGC LVDC++ - Launch scenario.)

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, the missing yellow markers are probably explained by the mission time. The yellow marker will only appear if you have reached the countdown time for these switches.

Regarding the failed orbit insertion, there is one limitation in the NASSP accelerometers that could cause you issues. Are you using a saved scenario at a time later than T-17 seconds? Because at that time the accelerometers begin to start measuring and they don't like saving/loading. So saving between T-17 seconds and orbit insertion doesn't work.

ItaLiaNKiinG

Reaction score
I never saved the scenario at all the first time and it happened.. I tried saving once the second time before the rocket fell to see if I could do anything to prevent it from falling and it still fell, I'll give it another go without saving and see if it happens again, I'll give you the mission timer of when it falls as well

ItaLiaNKiinG

Reaction score
Okay, I'm posting pictures on basically how my orbit looks after the engines cut off and the end result before crashing.. this was all done with automatic execution, the only thing I did was forward time 23 was after the fuel ran out and 24 was right before crashing

EDIT: Now I did hit the PRO button on the yellow checklist assignments because I didn't see the automated computer completing them (like on the first picture), maybe that's why it keeps crashing?

Attachments

• Screenshot (23).png
    Screenshot (23).png
    416.8 KB · Views: 234
  • Screenshot (24).png
    Screenshot (24).png
    485.7 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Can you fly the launch again and then attach the "lvlog1b.txt" file to your next post? It's in the main Orbiter folder and contains "telemetry" data of the LVDC. It looks like your Saturn IB is almost making it into orbit, but not quite.

Yellow checklist assignments are simply items that the Checklist MFD can't check, if they were properly done. Neither can it automatically execute them.

ItaLiaNKiinG

Reaction score
This is what's in my main folder, not seeing a lvlog.txt file? Btw I'm running Orbiter 2010

Attachments

• Screenshot (25).png
    Screenshot (25).png
    150.2 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
That's weird. I really can't explain why those log files wouldn't be there. Are you sure that's the Orbiter folder you run NASSP in? Sorry, dumb question, but I have to ask. :lol:

I see you have git set up, is that for NASSP? You probably have either downloaded this: https://github.com/dseagrav/NASSP/r...ease-master-372/Project-Apollo-NASSP-V7.0.zip or are following the master branch and built the modules yourself? There is a Orbiter2015 branch (which really should be renamed to Orbiter2016), which is for NASSP 8.0 Alpha development and a very experimental Orbiter2010 branch, which I can't recommend using.

ItaLiaNKiinG

Reaction score
I got Project Apollo from http://nassp.sourceforge.net/wiki/Main_Page

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

I did not build any modules myself all is from that link I posted, I'm unfamiliar with git also, it must've been there by default, and I'm using NASSP 7.0 for Orbiter 2010

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

I did hear about the 8.0 version for Orbiter 2016 but I just assumed 7.0 for 2010 would be more promising and more stable.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

So what do you suggest I do in order to get into a successful orbit?

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?

ItaLiaNKiinG

Reaction score
Project Apollo NASSP download file screenshots

Here is what comes in the Project Apollo NASSP files when downloaded as well just for some extra information..

Attachments

• Screenshot (27).png
    Screenshot (27).png
    185.9 KB · Views: 284
  • Screenshot (28).png
    Screenshot (28).png
    197.6 KB · Views: 283

ItaLiaNKiinG

Reaction score
Does fast forwarding 100x screw with the guidance computer or something?

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

That's weird. I really can't explain why those log files wouldn't be there. Are you sure that's the Orbiter folder you run NASSP in? Sorry, dumb question, but I have to ask. :lol:

I see you have git set up, is that for NASSP? You probably have either downloaded this: https://github.com/dseagrav/NASSP/r...ease-master-372/Project-Apollo-NASSP-V7.0.zip or are following the master branch and built the modules yourself? There is a Orbiter2015 branch (which really should be renamed to Orbiter2016), which is for NASSP 8.0 Alpha development and a very experimental Orbiter2010 branch, which I can't recommend using.

Okay for some reason around +00:26:00 into the launch the rocket starts tilting upwards which is causing my pea to drop.. that's the only thing I can think of to why it wont stay in orbit.. it starts tilting up around pea 20.00k and then my pea drops and I end up crashing soon after

---------- Post added 05-21-17 at 03:34 AM ---------- Previous post was 05-20-17 at 11:57 PM ----------

Problem solved, thanks for your help

kerlix

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
What was the solution to your problem?

It may benefit others down the road if you share it.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

ItaLiaNKiinG

Reaction score
What was the solution to your problem?

It may benefit others down the road if you share it.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Actually instead of using the automatic checklist, I just went through it manually and it I was able to get into orbit no problem.. maybe there's a problem with the AI doing it, or maybe I had the AI skip an important task.. either way doing it manually was the ticket.

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Actually instead of using the automatic checklist, I just went through it manually and it I was able to get into orbit no problem.. maybe there's a problem with the AI doing it, or maybe I had the AI skip an important task.. either way doing it manually was the ticket.

Interesting. Do you still have a scenario before launch, where the issue occured? If yes, I would like to take a look at it. There shouldn't really be a switch setting in the CSM that has that effect on the Saturn computer and a good orbit insertion. That's all done by the LVDC.