Tutorial Proton (Breez) Geostationary orbit

Diego

Reaction score
Hello.

Im new here . and im starting the discovery journey on the Orbiter FS.
I need help with a tutorial splaning how to get a spacecraft in Geostationary orbit because when i run Proton Scenário i cant put sirius 4 on the Geostationary orbit because after 3rd satge separation at (730 Seconds of simulation) Upper stage starts falling even when i star the first firing

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
How much experience do you have?
Can you get the delta glider to geostationary orbit?

Diego

Reaction score
very begginer

im descovering the orbiter world. i just want tried to star with proton or zenit because i need to make a little simulation for one work i have to do at university about satellite communication.

I have never tryed to put glider on the GEO. but i will try it now may be its easyer and than i will jump for proton scenario . thanks for help.

rcraig42

Reaction score
You can't use the autopilot, at least not for the 3rd stage, you need to fly the third stage so it ends up putting the Briz in a very high ballistic trajectory, Apoapsis between 300 and 400 km iirc. then burn the briz straight at the velocity vector, depending on the payload you may just make orbital velocity before falling into the atmosphere.

That drove me bats too when I was doing it a couple years ago. American upper stages have much higher thrust to mass ratios so it isn't an issue with the Centaur, Delta 4 or Falcon 9

ETA:
oops didn't realize the date was 2016, sorry for the necromancy