Question About LAN and Orbiter 2010

Darth Corleone

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
If I have 2 computers with the same Orbiter 2010 version installed and both PC's having the identical Orbiter files a& addons installed on them and both computers plugged into the same router. Will i be able to play an Orbiter LAn game?

P.S. I LAN play Klingon Academy and other games this way with no problems...

Last edited:

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
If I have 2 computers with the same Orbiter 2010 version installed and both PC's having the identical Orbiter files a& addons installed on them and both computers plugged into the same router. Will i be able to play an Orbiter LAn game?

Yes, you can use OMP on a LAN, too.

STS

Reaction score
Website
orbisondas.es
For that setup, you can also try Orbiter Master/Slave, a very interesting project.

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=6443"]Master/slave (rev. 38)[/ame]

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
For that setup, you can also try Orbiter Master/Slave, a very interesting project.

Indeed. Corleone, if you just want to see your vessel on multiple machines, without the ability to also see the vessels from the other machines, then you are better off with the Master/Slave addon.

Just be aware that this here is the OMP support forum, not intended to give support for multiplayer addons in general. So if you encounter problems with e.g. Master/Slave, please use the regular forums for questions about it.