Radio Communications

polaris149Tiberius

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
www.101stAirborneDivisionClan.com
Radio Communications

I have a request for a working speed of light model for Orbiter that allows for objects the size of say the Moon to stop all radio communications (like say from the Orbiter Sound module or maybe starts a sequence of radio "white noise" to show that all communications are being stopped with earth).

I will then work on a sound add-on that will better organize the Orbiter Radio communications sequencing and add some other communications that will sound like its from Nasa and then the out of communications "buzz" for use with Lunar capable vehicles.

I would like to make another request for an earth-based land radio telescope object that can have seperate more telemetry-based MFDs that can be uplinked to other ships provided they have a clear line of sight to other ships or any of the land based radio telescopes. It could also be set up to not allow the "Radio Base" to see telemetry from the vehicle if it cant communicate with the ship giving the same "Radio Buzz" when on that channel. It could eventually be incorporated into a default Earth, Houston NASA radio base for future Orbiter versions.

I'd really like to work on a virtual Space Program that has to purchase such bases on the planet Earth and competes against other NGOs in a multiplayer venue.

Ya I dont want much.
Thanks in advance.

joiz

Reaction score
it would be fun but the problem is there are no radio comms in orbiter anyway.
another idea would be to loose radio contact with probes when u land em or whatever