Humor Random Comments Thread

eveningsky339

Resident Orbiter Slave
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I hope my toilet has seat belts, because I detect some intestinal distress... Five Dr. Peppers in one day can do that to you.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I hope my toilet has seat belts, because I detect some intestinal distress... Five Dr. Peppers in one day can do that to you.

Might as well drink battery acid because thats how bad Dr. Pepper is for your teeth. I used to drink a lot of them and ended up paying for it later in life at the dentist office.

Whatu

Interplanetary Stowaway
Reaction score
Peak of Perseid meteor shower tonight. :)

I was watching last night :speakcool:

Too bad I couldnt get out of the city, so I only got to see the brighter ones....

I saw seven shooting stars, in about... 45 o 50 minutes of watching.

So cool :lol:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Might as well drink battery acid because thats how bad Dr. Pepper is for your teeth. I used to drink a lot of them and ended up paying for it later in life at the dentist office.

But Battery Acid does not contain the holy nectar of the gods, caffeine.

All good stuff is self-destructive. I once drank lot's of black coffee for work, with the result that I had nearly a china syndrome in my stomach.

eveningsky339

Resident Orbiter Slave
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
So I've heard. I'll make a point to brush my teeth and rinse my mouth out after my next spree.

All good stuff is self-destructive. I once drank lot's of black coffee for work, with the result that I had nearly a china syndrome in my stomach.
Eh... how much coffee? I usually drink about one cup a day, and my max limit is three.

Not all good things are self-destructive. A wife, sunny days, eating icecream and watching the clouds go by... Well, if you're talking about it in terms of eating, then yes, all good things are self-destructive. :beach:

Last edited:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score

I've also heard (though I've never tried it myself and don't know how much truth there is to it) that if you place a dime-or-nickel-sized piece of raw ground beef in a saucer of Coca-Cola overnight it will be dissolved the next day...

eveningsky339

Resident Orbiter Slave
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I've also heard (though I've never tried it myself and don't know how much truth there is to it) that if you place a dime-or-nickel-sized piece of raw ground beef in a saucer of Coca-Cola overnight it will be dissolved the next day...
I'll have to give that one a try. I know that coke can work as an excellent over-the-counter toilet cleaner, which is a testament to the phosphoric acid content...

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'll have to give that one a try. I know that coke can work as an excellent over-the-counter toilet cleaner, which is a testament to the phosphoric acid content...

I saw an episode of Mythbusters where they tried soaking an entire (huge) steak in soda but did not see much deterioration. I think there would be a different result on a smaller piece of processed meat, but again I've never tried. If you do it, post the results. Would be interesting to know....

eveningsky339

Resident Orbiter Slave
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I saw an episode of Mythbusters where they tried soaking an entire (huge) steak in soda but did not see much deterioration. I think there would be a different result on a smaller piece of processed meat, but again I've never tried. If you do it, post the results. Would be interesting to know....
Is the meat supposed to be raw or cooked?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Eh... how much coffee? I usually drink about one cup a day, and my max limit is three.

Not all good things are self-destructive. A wife, sunny days, eating icecream and watching the clouds go by... Well, if you're talking about it in terms of eating, then yes, all good things are self-destructive. :beach:

Replace cups by pots and you have my old daily dose. :lol:

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
You should see the informational booklet I got at the dentist about soda's and your teeth. Very alarming! You can drink them, but using a straw helps so very little touches your teeth, also if you swish with water right after taking a drink of soda then that helps a lot. The worst thing is taking a drink of soda and then not rinsing as it sits on your teeth and eats them up from the acid and sugar content. Use Listerine twice daily too, that stuff works!

Because I got so many cavities from soda I have perscription floride toothpaste I have to use for the rest of my life. :(

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I don't remember the last time I drank water...Diet soda is what sustains me.

W35M4N

Unregistered Non-User
Reaction score
Lying down on the couch has one major disadvantage: repeatedly, accidentally kicking yourself in the testicles. P.S. The acid content in cola is actually less than the acid in orange juice, it is mostly urban legend about the acid in coke, go to snopes.com and click Cokelore, there's lots of good stuff there. Although you can definitely get bad cavities from the sugar.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
P.S. The acid content in cola is actually less than the acid in orange juice, it is mostly urban legend about the acid in coke, go to snopes.com and click Cokelore, there's lots of good stuff there. Although you can definitely get bad cavities from the sugar.

Actually there is a considerable amount of acid is soda's which leads to bad cases of tooth decay, have a look:

http://www.dental--health.com/sodapop_teethenamel.html

Sugar vs. Acid

The carbonic or phosphoric acid dissolves the calcium out of the enamel leaving a softened matrix for bacteria to enter the teeth and cause wholesale carious destruction. So drinking sugar free sodas is not the answer.

The individuals we see range from a mild decalcification of teeth where there are white bands of softened enamel circling the teeth at the gum line to cases where numerous teeth are totally destroyed from decay.

Many of these individuals are students who would study and continuously sip soda creating an acid bath for their teeth. Now let's not forget the fact that sugar itself is converted to acid by the bacteria on the teeth for an additional insult. If you couple all this with poor oral hygiene, you have an oral disaster in the making.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Not all good things are self-destructive. A wife,

Oh, tell that to Siegfried! :rofl:

A thought that crossed my mind lately: is it possible that "infantry" is derived from "infant"?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
A thought that crossed my mind lately: is it possible that "infantry" is derived from "infant"?

Yes, both share the common root infantem in latin, which means "young", but also "unexperienced soldiers". Infantry in roman times had been unexperienced young soldiers... not like today, where many sergeants and veteran privates are older than the Lieutenants who command them.