Random Failures?

abr35

Reaction score
Curious about where random equipment failures fall in the development schedule for NASSP. Are they planned at all in the near future or will they be several versions down the line?

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
There already is some random failures in NASSP, mostly some older code. Just activate the "Damage and failure simulation" under Parameters in the Orbiter launchpad. It is mostly switch failures to do with the sequential systems, but also Saturn engine failures and launch vehicle IMU failures, which is what makes a Saturn takeover by the crew necessary. It's not a good system right now and I am planning to give it an interface in the PAMFD so that you can schedule failures, increase the chance of failures etc.

abr35

Reaction score
Can individual subsystems fail? Like the landing radar or SPS pressure or a fuel cell pump etc. Is there anyway to cause those kinds of failures or will there be?

Thanks!

Thymo

I like breaking things
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
nassp.space
Right now not at that scale, no. Certainly is on the roadmap though.

There is a also possibility for the C&WS to have one of its lights fail in addition to what indy91 mentioned.
Another fun thing is currently working related to the digitial event timer and mission timer. If they lose power their indicated time will get scrambled because they don't have a way to store the time without power.

Last edited:

Thespacer

Reaction score
Can confirm a C&WS light failure, lost the FC2 bulb somewhere between launch and insertion on A11.

Sverige

Reaction score
Any news about PAMFD (schedule failures)? It would be really fun to simulate different types of errors. Something I really look forward to.

/Mikael