Relative Speed MFD

Master of Blades

Reaction score
Is there an MFD that displays your relative speed to a target, and possibly gives the option to nullify mentioned speed?

If not, is there anyone who could make it?

pete.dakota

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
If your target vessel has an XPDR frequency then dockingMFD will show you your speed relative to it, and distance. Certain addons, such as the DGIV and AMSO, have nul rel speed autopilots. As for an MFD, I believe that there was an addon one that came with (or was suggested by) the old Shuttle Fleet called something like rendezvousMFD that I think had a station keeping AP.

Master of Blades

Reaction score
Allright... i was sort of looking more for something like the display in the UMMUs, a null speed autopilot isn't really necessary

Reaction score
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3165"]Attitude MDF[/ame] should be just what your looking for. In target relative mode it will display your relative velocity to whatever target you choose ( both vessels or planets/moons) in three axes, and allow you to null velocity in each.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
MoB, do this:

Open Dock MFD and select a target, either a transponder frequency or by manually choosing.

Next, select the docking HUD mode (H key).

Finally, in the Dock MFD, click the "HUD" button, which syncs the HUD up to whatever your are targeting in the MFD.

Now the HUD tells you where the target is, and the direction and magnitude of the relative velocity.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
I do wish myself though that there was something like docking MFD that worked even without one of the ships being equipped with a dock/transponder/etc.

Chupacabra

Reaction score
I do wish myself though that there was something like docking MFD that worked even without one of the ships being equipped with a dock/transponder/etc.

Try this ;)
Attitude MDF should be just what your looking for. In target relative mode it will display your relative velocity to whatever target you choose ( both vessels or planets/moons) in three axes, and allow you to null velocity in each.

Ursus

Rocket Tinker
Addon Developer
Reaction score

I thought the same thing 'til I realized that I could actually select a target in Docking MFD even if it doesn't have a transponder or IDS beacon, then click the HUD button on the MFD to set the HUD to that target.

Come to think of it... now that I've realized that, maybe I'll try playing around with some of Greg Burch's add-ons again. He's got some really nice stuff, but a lot of them don't have transponder/IDS frequencies set by default. (And... come to think of that... I guess it kind of makes sense with such things as SSBB, in which it's likely that two modules of the same type will be in close proximity...) Sometimes I feel too lazy to edit the scenario files.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
I thought the same thing 'til I realized that I could actually select a target in Docking MFD even if it doesn't have a transponder or IDS beacon, then click the HUD button on the MFD to set the HUD to that target.

Come to think of it... now that I've realized that, maybe I'll try playing around with some of Greg Burch's add-ons again. He's got some really nice stuff, but a lot of them don't have transponder/IDS frequencies set by default. (And... come to think of that... I guess it kind of makes sense with such things as SSBB, in which it's likely that two modules of the same type will be in close proximity...) Sometimes I feel too lazy to edit the scenario files.

Actually, it's when the ship you're flying doesn't have a dock that it becomes a problem. Then docking MFD just refuses to display anything but "Device not available."

As to the suggestions some people made about attitude MFD, I did find it recently and have been playing around with it, and its relative velocity features are good, but it doesn't seem to do as well as docking MFD for relative orientation. Also, unlike docking MFD, it doesn't have the "bring target up on HUD" feature, which I very much like.