General Question Returning After a Long Absence

Treetop64

Reaction score
Returning after a long, long time away from Orbiter. Last used Orbiter 2010.

Just installed 2016 today for the first time with D3D9 Client and XR sounds. Downloading the HD textures as I type this. Ran the 2016 "welcome" demo and it looks very nice and smooth with every visual setting maxed out in the Visual and Advanced tabs.

Anyway, just wanted to know if a few add-ons that I frequently used in 2010 work in 2016:

> Dan's Delta Glider VI and UCGO 3.0

and...

> A user-configurable booster system based on and looking very similar to Russia's old Energia booster system that was to be used for their space shuttle - I don't remember what it was called or who uploaded it, but it worked and looked great and was very easy to set up, and even furnished custom mounting data for the Delta Glider IV.

and finally...

> The Carl Sagan Space Center add on.

It's been years since I last used Orbiter and I'm basically approaching this as a complete noob again, so I need some help getting re-established if that's ok. Also, if there are any new alternatives to the booster system mentioned above with similar user-friendliness that anyone can recommend.

...and if there's any tips or anything else I should be aware of.

Sorry for these questions but I'm just anxious to get started again!

Thanks! :thumbup:

EDIT: Oh yeah, the DeltaIV/booster combination is still in my avatar, lol

Last edited:

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Welcome back! The place hasn't been the same without you!

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Anyway, just wanted to know if a few add-ons that I frequently used in 2010 work in 2016:

> Dan's Delta Glider VI and UCGO 3.0

and...

> A user-configurable booster system based on and looking very similar to Russia's old Energia booster system that was to be used for their space shuttle - I don't remember what it was called or who uploaded it, but it worked and looked great and was very easy to set up, and even furnished custom mounting data for the Delta Glider IV.

and finally...

> The Carl Sagan Space Center add on.

It's been years since I last used Orbiter and I'm basically approaching this as a complete noob again, so I need some help getting re-established if that's ok. Also, if there are any new alternatives to the booster system mentioned above with similar user-friendliness that anyone can recommend.

...and if there's any tips or anything else I should be aware of.

Sorry for these questions but I'm just anxious to get started again!

Welcome back to the forum! As an old mentor once told me, there are no bad questions.

Unfortunately, none of the addons you asked about presently work in 2016. The DGIV; in fact, all of Dan's addon suite presently do not work. Some information came out awhile back that he was working on them in the background but some medical ails have been his primary concern.

The booster you're speaking about is the Hyperion HCLV produced by Woo482 and Loru. It has not yet been updated for 2016; however, I've had conversations with Woo about it and he indicated it is on his list to update when free time becomes available. Additionally, he is working on a UMMU replacement for while Dan's addons remain un-updated. Dbeachy1 has also provided an Orbiter Sound replacement called XRsound for the same reason.

As for Carl Sagan Space Center (CSSC), that should work just fine in 2016 as it is scenery and does not really interface as a vessel.

Hope that helped, :cheers: