Rugby World Cup 2011 semi-final: New Zealand 20-6 Australia

bujin

Reaction score
Should be Wales in the final, though.

Pretty gutted. Even down to 14 playerrs, we had chances to win that game. Missed far too many kicks.

It's good news for New Zealand. No disrespect to the French intended, but they've been pretty poor throughout this tournament, and New Zealand will win comfortably, and finally get their hands on a trophy that has eluded them for the last 24 years.

Still looking forward to the 3rd/4th place match on Friday, but Wales will be up against it without Adam Jones and Sam Warburton. We also could do with Rhys Priestland back, as neither Hook nor Jones had a particularly good game against France - albeit behind a pack to cope a man down.

Just hope Quade Cooper continues to be a bit flakey so that we have someone to target... ;)

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Unfortunately this was not unexpected.

You will have no problems targeting Quade Cooper, he is having an off period...

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Shame for Wales, at least England were playing their favourite game...

N.

bujin

Reaction score
Unfortunately this was not unexpected.

You will have no problems targeting Quade Cooper, he is having an off period...

Cooper will probably have an absolute stormer against us, knowing our luck! :lol:

Cooper did show his abilities a couple of times yesterday. He has an awesome sidestep, purely honed in my sport of touch! Looking forward to next season when SportWales put £1.2 million into touch rugby in Wales. We might finally pick up some interest in the north! :thumbup:

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
Should be Wales in the final, though.

Pretty gutted. Even down to 14 playerrs, we had chances to win that game.

Obviosly not, if they kep't missing the ball. :)

Good news for us though...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/oct/17/england-world-cup-wales-rankings

1 (1) New Zealand 91.34

2 (2) Australia 86.49

3 (5) France 84.79

4 (3) South Africa 84.34

5 (6) England 81.58

6 (4) Wales 81.10

7 (7) Ireland 80.65

8 (8) Argentina 80.28

9 (9) Tonga 76.63

10 (10) Scotland 76.20

Last edited:

bujin

Reaction score
Except the IRB rankings are demonstrably nonsense! The idea that England are currently a better team than Wales is, quite frankly, pretty ridiculous.

Even worse, if Wales lose on Friday, they will drop to 8th place! You could argue that the only teams in the world who are currently better than Wales are New Zealand and South Africa. We'll see if Australia are on Friday. France are not playing good rugby, and neither are England. Ireland are the closest of the home nations to Wales.

If Wales win, they can go into 2nd place, especially if France lose (as expected). But you could still argue that South Africa are better than Wales, yet they would be below us.

I pay no attention to the rankings anymore. You don't really learn anything of any use from them. And yet these things are used to determine the seedings for the next World Cup!

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
If I could have erased France from that list, I would have done :)
I wish your team luck on Friday, at least one of our teams are in there.

Numbers, if you laugh'in yar out ay ya. :lol:

bujin

Reaction score
Disappointing end to the tournament for Wales. They were really poor today without Adam Jones, Sam Warburton and Rhys Priestland.

The forwards must be really embarrassed to have been pushed off the ball by Australia!

I was right about Cooper too. He was having a great game until he went off injured. Lucky for Wales that he and Kurtley Beale had to leave the game, otherwise it could have been a lot worse!

bujin

Reaction score
Well played France. Glad they turned up for that match to make it an epic final! I'd have hated to see a one-way thing with New Zealand running away with it.

New Zealand looked very rattled, and France played exceptionally well. Unlucky not to steal it from New Zealand. Just glad that France didn't turn up against us!!! :D

You can always rely on the French to keep things, erm... interesting...