Problem Running Orbiter 2010 in server mode (no graphics client attached)

legios

Reaction score
Hi guys, returning to orbiter after a long time away :)

Trying to get d3d client to work, but I get this message when I launch out of orbiter_ng.exe: Running in server mode (no graphics client attached). There are no errors nor CTD...just that message at the end of all the .dlls loading.

I activated the module in the video tab, but the funny thing is that there is no "advanced" button. This probably indicates something, but I'm not smart enough to know what...

Using orbiter 10828 and D3D9Client2016-R1

Thank you for your help

InjectorPlate

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue and errors. I appears I also accidentally installed the 2016 D3D3Client2016-R2 into my /Orbiter 2010 folder. I then installed (overwrote maybe?) that version by dragging in D3D9ClientR15. Still has the same error as before. Going to backup and re-install Orbiter 2010 and the proper client when I get the time. Will let you know how it works out.

Orbiter 2016_ng appears to be working fine.

---

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I'm having the same issue and errors. I appears I also accidentally installed the 2016 D3D3Client2016-R2 into my /Orbiter 2010 folder. I then installed (overwrote maybe?) that version by dragging in D3D9ClientR15. Still has the same error as before. Going to backup and re-install Orbiter 2010 and the proper client when I get the time. Will let you know how it works out.

Orbiter 2016_ng appears to be working fine.

---

JSGME is your friend.

legios

Reaction score
I have...see above

Sorry for asking the basic questions, but have you activated the D3D9Client module in the Modules tab?

Installed the latest orbiter build and the latest d3d build. I am running orbiter_ng.exe. Orbiter_ng runs normally, but at the end it says graphic client not installed.

Completely at a loss...

Has anyone gotten the latest build to work?

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
You might have to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package
(I believe that D3D9Client for Orbiter 2010 was build with VC 2010...would make sense wouldn't it ;) )

Last edited:

legios

Reaction score