General Question runways around the world

worir1

Space Nerd
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Hi i just tried landing at the baikonour cosmodrome when i realised there's no runway there. i have found that this is the case for many bases. Is there a way to create runways at all the bases on earth?

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Yes - you have to edit each base config file and add proper runway definition to it. However I'd wait till 4throck finishes his "default orbiter bases add-ons"

worir1

Space Nerd
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Above
That's sort of overkill. I ment for the bases already on map MFD. There's not much point of them being their without a runway or some sort of launch facility.

asbjos

tuanibrO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Above
That's sort of overkill. I ment for the bases already on map MFD. There's not much point of them being their without a runway or some sort of launch facility.

As Loru said, this is being worked on at the moment by 4throck in the thread "Default bases surface tiles". He adds textures, runways and generally improves all the default bases in Orbiter except for Cape Canaveral. He has already published the North American bases, you can find the link on page four in post #50 in that thread.