russian space program updates

Chipstone306

Reaction score
:feedback:

I am looking for people interested in building some more russian launchers such as more of the energia series, proton series and the n1 ( which i already have an interested party) c'mon commrades we shall build great russian addons for the empire!lol

Yes i do have the soyuz program addons how bout a virtual cockpit for a soyuz craft?

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
;):lol:
:feedback:

I am looking for people interested in building some more russian launchers such as more of the energia series, proton series and the n1 ( which i already have an interested party) c'mon commrades we shall build great russian addons for the empire!lol

Yes i do have the soyuz program addons how bout a virtual cockpit for a soyuz craft?

For me, right now is a bad time... but if your wanting to have as much detail as a virtual cockpit, then your getting into some really advanced stuff...;)

say... after 3 weeks or so, I can do some ship building for you:blink:

unussapiens

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
nickgrant.id.au
I would be very interested to help with this project. Virtual cockpits would be great to have, but finding pics of the interior can be hard. If I can find enough I'll have a go at adding a VC to the Soyuz TMA which I am working on at the moment.

A quick skills summary: I can model and I will be able to program fairly soon. My texturing isn't that great though.

Chipstone306

Reaction score
soytmpnl.jpg

how bout these pics

soytmpn1.jpg

Chipstone306

Reaction score
and for the energia series...
Three major variants were planned after the original configuration, each with vastly different payloads.
Energia M
The Energia M was the smallest design configuration. The number of Zenit boosters was reduced from four to two, and instead of four RD-0120 engines in the core, it had only one. It was designed to replace the Proton rocket, but lost the 1993 competition to the Angara rocket.
Energia II ("Uragan

Energia II, named "Uragan" ("Hurricane" in Russian), was a rocket planned to be fully reusable and would be able to land on a conventional airfield. Unlike the Energia, which was planned to be semi-reusable (like that of the U.S. Space Shuttle), the "Uragan" design would have allowed the complete recovery of all Buran/Energia elements, like that of the original totally reusable Orbiter/Booster concept of the U.S. Shuttle. The Energia II core would be capable of re-entering and gliding to a landing, presumably using technology developed for the Buran. Vulkan-Hercules
The final unflown configuration was also the largest. With eight Zenit booster rockets and an Energia-M core as the upper stage of it, the "Vulkan" (which was interestingly the same name of another Soviet heavy lift rocket that was cancelled years earlier) or "Hercules" (which is the same name designated to the N-1 rockets) configuration could have launched up to 175 tonnes into orbit. [1]

unussapiens

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
nickgrant.id.au
Those pics look great!

I'll have a go once I've done a bit more work on the LOK.

Why do I get the feeling I am going to end up making the entire Russian space program (Which reminds me, I should really finish that Vostok mesh...)

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
Those pics look great!

Why do I get the feeling I am going to end up making the entire Russian space program (Which reminds me, I should really finish that Vostok mesh...)

:lol:

Chipstone306

Reaction score
Those pics look great!

Hey while you are at it how bout the whole space race!lol
No seriously what you are doing is great maybe we can all see a successful N1 launch in orbiter soon . I have noticed the hanger has most of the russian program except for the n1 and I decided to throw it out there for anybody up for a challenge ! great job so far guys

maybe this one will not explode at liftoff!

Chipstone306

Reaction score
energia II q's

Does anyone have any information on the Energia II rocket that was designed? how was it supposed to land AFTER launch, payload weight ? thrust?

anyone?