Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
http://www.sainsmart.com/sainsmart-balancing-robot-kit.html

New Blog!

Not directly Orbiter related, but close.
I'm interested in control systems and servos, so I thought I'd build this and get into PID in software/hardware.

It will take as long as it takes, and I'll post some pics and progress here. Haven't got all the bits to start yet, my soldering-iron is long lost...

Starting point:
http://s89.photobucket.com/user/Notebook_04/media/Sainsmart/Starting_with_good_intentions_zpsuwdsa3jh.jpg.html
Waiting for some batteries for the robot, need a few screws missing from the kit. Nothing serious. Biggest problem is lack of assembly instructions with the kit. Lots of stuff on the web though.

Done some more assembly, nothing worth taking a pic of though.
Both the Robot and Controller boards are completed, and I have started playing around with the Arudino IDE and the software.
They come supplied running the "Blink" program(it flashes an on-board LED), played around with that on the IDE, and no probs. Compiled and downloaded to both.
Then loaded the relevant programs to each board, compiled and downloaded ok. The IDE has a serial monitor for de-bugging, and this was reading from each board. The controller was sending joystick values, and the robot was reading the gyro values, motor-drives, and other data. The RF link is working ok, joystick movement is affecting the motor-drive values.

N.

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
Review said:
Still trying to make my robot stand still, he shaking like Elvis right now and no track to follow to understand why and how to correct that.
:rofl:

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Quite, hopefully this one won't be in the Elvis category!

Found out from one of the threads, that the laminate boards have paper coverings on them. Thought they looked a bit rough...

N.