Searching for Nanotech Thermal Protection Data

AstroCam

Point loud end thataway
Donator
Reaction score
Hey all, I'll cut to the point.
I'm currently in first year University here in WA, and have been given an assignment from my nanotechnology unit, and being an orbinaut i just had to find a way to link an application of nanotechnology to spacecraft.

Rather than rambling on about lightweight alloys, SSTO and so on, I've decided to focus in specifically on the application of nanotechnology in regards to the thermal protection system on future space vehicles (Inspired by the brilliant html manuals in gregburch's add-ons, especially the swift and BSP).

As such, i was wondering if anyone has any good Journal article references, or weblinks to academic material pertaining to this.

I'm looking for hard-core academic material here, not some cheesy website that proudly declares it's love for nanotech without actually going into details.

Basically any references to journal articles, encyclopedias, or other similar material, can you please post here with as much detail in the reference as possible (IE: Article name, Journal, Volume, year of publication, ISBN, etc., etc.), keeping in mind the journal articles, etc. must be free, and not from a pay site.

Finally, if you can't find any specific information about TPS, any other highly detailed, in-depth academic material realting to nanotech in spacecraft would be awesome - this would be useful if i need to widen my report topic or just for plain reading when inbetween planets

Sooooooo... yeah. I've thrown down the gauntlet, hopefully you'll be able to show me where to find it :p