News Server Back Online

Vash

OHM Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
And we're back again (well, have been for some time now). For anyone who's curious about the downtime earlier today, the cause was a DDoS attack against a wide range of servers at the hosting facility which holds this server. We were not one of the targets, but the attack managed to bring down the network for the entire facility for several hours earlier today.

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Is there still a problem with Orbit Hangar? I've been trying to upload an add-on since yesterday without success.

Keatah

Reaction score
Why does crap like this have to happen??

Rtyh-12

Reaction score
Because some idiots need to feel important and the only way they see is to show that they can destroy things.

Rtyh-12

Reaction score
Let's hope they don't leave.

This doesn't happen too often!

P.S.:501 posts! w00t!!

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Quite frankly, I'd say we have an excellent up time record. :hmm: Considering the problem with yesterdays down time was completely out of our hands, there was not much we could do about it but be patient. Some people have nothing better to do with their time than to play hack kiddies with web servers until they all crash. I know we are better than that and no matter what they do we will always fix it, we're very patient. Good luck is all I'd say! ;)

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
The more you create the smaller and less important you feel.
But you can't help but feel important when you can destroy a century of work in a flash.
Why do people want to feel important? Even a guard at a gate want to feel like he's the king who decides who to let in.

Nice to see the forum standing still in full flight, and that it takes a region-size outage to bring it down.

ky

Director of Manned Spaceflight
Reaction score
Oh that was what had happened.I was trying to access it at school but i thought that the safari on the mac i was using was having problems.