Setting up a Apollo CM Simulator at home

davidsaff

Reaction score
Hi I'm looking at setting up a full size CM at home with real switch pannels and monitors only where windows would be.

I was wondering if anyone had already made a addon for the monitor placement? Or had any info if anyone has done this before?

Thanks Dave

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
What do you mean by 'addon for the monitor placement' - are you asking about MFD's or physcial monitors for a simpit?

davidsaff

Reaction score
Hi, sorry it has taken so long to respond.

I'm looking at a sim pit and wondering how to setup the 5 Monitors up for the 5 windows in the CM.

I would make real windows and place the monitors behind them (about 20cm away) so as you move closer to them you can see the more detail as your field of view changes.

It would be nice to be able to change the zoom on them when setting it up, depending on the distance of the monitors from the real windows.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
It would be best to toss this to the guys in the Simpit section.

yagni01

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Duplicating the outside view using a splitter might work if the windows faced the same direction. I don't know of a way to have external views pointing in multiple directions (i.e. forward and overhead). Maybe CameraMFD, if it works with O2010? Don't know the resolution on that, though.

I'm thinking/hoping OMP might be suitable for this at some point.