New Feature Share your Twitter, Facebook, Myspace, YouTube, & more!

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
---Thread Updated Nov 19, 2009---

Do you use Twitter, Facebook, Myspace, YouTube, Vimeo, or Last.FM?

If you do you may now add your ID to any of the sites mentioned. Visit the 'Edit Your Details' page through your usercp menu and look on the bottom to find the Social Networking.

social-networking.jpg

Make sure you pay attention what is required in order for the links to work. Do not enter the full URL in any of the fields. Most of them you simply enter your username, but each explains how to correctly populate each field.

For each field you populate the forum will display a small icon in the postbit of all your posts which links to your pages. Users can also see these links from your profile page under Contacts.

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Nevermind. I found it on the address bar when I logged in.

Last edited:

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
It works for a lot of other people. Are you sure you entered the correct IDs?

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
This thread has been updated. Previously we had the option for users to share only their Facebook and Myspace pages. That was actually a modification installed on the forum. I removed that modification and coded a new one myself adding all of the following sites:

Twitter
Facebook
Myspace
YouTube
Vimeo
Last.FM

You can find this on the 'Edit Your Details' page through your usercp menu. Look on the bottom to find the Social Networking. Make sure each field is populated correctly, examples are given.

social-networking.jpg

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
This is a good addition. I would like to point out, though, that Facebook recently added username capability - can it be altered to allow us to enter facebook usernames instead of profile numbers? It'd be more user friendly, as well as the fact that if you have a username on facebook, it defaults to showing that in the URL rather than the profile id.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I think maybe later since right now not everyone has a username? I haven't heard anything about that, does it require input from the user themselves or does it just use your real name?

Also, by using ID numbers it allows you to enter groups as I have entered the O-F group for mine.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
You can select your own username, it's in the "options" menu somewhere. There was an advert for it a while back, most people I know who use the site have a username now.

I think the numbers will still redirect to the right place, since the profile should have the same id, but I'm not sure about that. I also wouldn't know where to find the id number for my profile as the profile URL with a username is facebook.com/<username>?ref=profile

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
If you're on Facebook home page just click on the 'Profile' link and it takes you to your profile. You just need to copy the numbers after id=

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
This is a good addition. I would like to point out, though, that Facebook recently added username capability - can it be altered to allow us to enter facebook usernames instead of profile numbers?

This has been implemented. You can now enter your username. So for example the link will be parsed as:

http://www.facebook.com/{What-You-Enter}