Bug Shuttle-A warp drive?

JamesG

Orbinaut
Reaction score
Was fooling around with a shuttle-A in a highly eccentric solar orbit out to Earth orbit (after botching a Lunar transfer) watching the planets go by and how they affected my orbit at high time compression.

Coming in for the 5th or 6th close approach of the Sun, the Sun suddenly winked out and all my MDFs "flickered" and when I quickly went to normal time, I looked at my orbit MDF and it showed a straight like and a distance to the Sun as 4305 AU (!?!) and an elapsed time of only about a month.

Did I encounter an Orbiter bug or an unknown loop hole in the laws of physics? lol!

george7378

DON'T PANIC
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
These kinds of things tend to happen when you collide with a body at high time compression, or when you have a large framerate freeze, again, at high compressions.

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
Yes. This sometimes happens when you are in high time acceleration an the computer wants to reload something or the frame rate is low or freezing. Then the computer discalculates something and shots you out. Also when you are in atmosphere and immediately go to high time acceleration you get shot out of the atmosphere.

insanity

Blastronaut
Donator
Reaction score
On the other hand, you might have been shifted into a mirror universe. Check if anyone you know is now sporting a goatee.

Hopefully you haven't gotten a new fish recently either. That would be hella lame.

Redezem

Reaction score
My best velocity so far was 0.083 AU / s, after deorbiting Mir with a DeltaGlider :lol:

HAH, I can call your speed, and raise it by 1.027 Giga Parsecs per second!

The moral of this story? Use time compression within reason :p and keep your eyes open when approaching a moon at high speed and compression.