Shuttle Fleet and Space Shuttle Ultra.

The Aviator

Reaction score
I'm a "fan" of Shuttle Fleet. I've always used it to do space shuttle missions, and the awesome STS exp pack with his missions make me crazy! But, I've never used Space Shuttle Ultra. What are the differences between them? Once I downloaded SSU 1.0.6, but it seems to don't work properly, so I looked to Shuttle Fleet (Another time: awesome!). Every time I enter on Orbiter Forum, I see that the SSU development thread is always updated. When development will finish, what will we see? My dream is to see all real instruments, CRT, MFD, switches and buttons working like the real ones. This will become reality?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Main differences of SSU currently:

- Functional VC in development
- corrected scale of the orbiter mesh.
- different meshes
- different RMS control
- comes with own launch pad
- corrected performance of the SRBs.
- improved visual effect of the SRB separation
- Slightly improved aerodynamics.

shamandgg

Reaction score
I'm comming to Orbiter after long pause. I have been great fan of Shuttle Fleet, now I hear about Shuttle Fleet Ultra. Urwumpe, you have listed all pros, any cons?

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm a "fan" of Shuttle Fleet. I've always used it to do space shuttle missions, and the awesome STS exp pack with his missions make me crazy! But, I've never used Space Shuttle Ultra. What are the differences between them? Once I downloaded SSU 1.0.6, but it seems to don't work properly, so I looked to Shuttle Fleet (Another time: awesome!). Every time I enter on Orbiter Forum, I see that the SSU development thread is always updated. When development will finish, what will we see? My dream is to see all real instruments, CRT, MFD, switches and buttons working like the real ones. This will become reality?
What problems are you getting with V1.06? It should work.

Our goal is to have SSU as close to the real thing as possible. It almost certainly won't reach this point anytime soon though.