Problem Shuttle Fleet v4.5 and Stock Hubble Space Telescope

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
I wanted to launch Orbiter 2010's stock Hubble Space Telescope with Shuttle Fleet v4.5 (that's the latest version I've got) so I set up the scenario and this happened:

Columbia and Hubble.jpg

Is there any way to fix this or am I stuck on the launch pad?

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
there is extensive instructions on how to place payloads in the bay in the Shuttle Fleet manual. There are lines in the scenario that dictate the placement, orientation, and rotation of the payload, that is what it looks like you need to adjust.

And upgrade to Shuttle Fleet 4.8

There is no reason to stick with 4.5

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
there is extensive instructions on how to place payloads in the bay in the Shuttle Fleet manual. There are lines in the scenario that dictate the placement, orientation, and rotation of the payload, that is what it looks like you need to adjust.

And upgrade to Shuttle Fleet 4.8

There is no reason to stick with 4.5

I had 4.8 but I deleted it for some reason that I've long forgotten. Plus, Shuttle Fleet in its entirety has been removed from Orbit Hangar, so I can't upgrade. I'll look into adjusting the placement.

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
I had 4.8 but I deleted it for some reason that I've long forgotten. Plus, Shuttle Fleet in its entirety has been removed from Orbit Hangar, so I can't upgrade. I'll look into adjusting the placement.

Try simviation.com

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
Try simviation.com

Oh wow, there it is! Thanks! I can't get Hubble to mount properly though. I tried all the different cargo attachment points and I had no luck. It works perfectly with the stock Atlantis though, but I don't like using that. I think it's an issue with the attachment points on the Hubble, but I could be wrong.

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Shuttle Fleet has a ton of attachment points but only three of them are 'deployable'

And each of these points, even the non-deployable ones, can be adjusted and offset, which is what you need to do so that the hubble fits in the bay.

In short, you need to lower it on the y-axis. You do this by editing the scenario file.

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
Shuttle Fleet has a ton of attachment points but only three of them are 'deployable'

And each of these points, even the non-deployable ones, can be adjusted and offset, which is what you need to do so that the hubble fits in the bay.

In short, you need to lower it on the y-axis. You do this by editing the scenario file.

Hey! I did it! Thank you!