Question SLS & LOP-Gateway Booster Texture Question

Reaction score
Hi there, so I have a question on how you could change your booster so it can look like this (see attachment). If you can please let me know, thanks.

20151022_15-210-sls_440px_w.jpg

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
There are no textures like that because that's not how the SLS boosters will ever look like, AFAIK.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think we made some textures. I will need to have them. Who knows what it will look like til it flies. Orange Et or white Et?,......

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hi there, so I have a question on how you could change your booster so it can look like this (see attachment). If you can please let me know, thanks.

Simply edit the existing one (search in Orbiter/Texture or /Texture2 folders), and edit them with something like Paint.NET or Gimp 2.0 (all free). Careful to save as .dds

Doing such spiral patterns on a cylinder should be straightfoward, you just to have to paint some diagonal lines, maybe with a fade out on each end.

Reaction score
Simply edit the existing one (search in Orbiter/Texture or /Texture2 folders), and edit them with something like Paint.NET or Gimp 2.0 (all free). Careful to save as .dds

Doing such spiral patterns on a cylinder should be straightfoward, you just to have to paint some diagonal lines, maybe with a fade out on each end.
The only problem is I don’t know what the existing texture is.

Reaction score
Also random thing I’m going to throw in the mix but the block 2 cargo is missing in my install.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
The only problem is I don’t know what the existing texture is.

First : does the booster appears textured at all in Orbiter (if not, it will look plain white) ? If no texture at all you'll have to add one in the .msh (mesh) file (that you can open with Notepad, search at the end of the raw data block and compare to other meshes like Deltaglider etc..).

Then, associate dds (Direct Draw Surface) files to one of the aforementionned free image editors above and browse the folders. Should be pretty easy to find out, usually a texture is a streched image (wrapped to a 3D model) of an object.

Reaction score
First : does the booster appears textured at all in Orbiter (if not, it will look plain white) ? If no texture at all you'll have to add one in the .msh (mesh) file (that you can open with Notepad, search at the end of the raw data block and compare to other meshes like Deltaglider etc..).

Then, associate dds (Direct Draw Surface) files to one of the aforementionned free image editors above and browse the folders. Should be pretty easy to find out, usually a texture is a streched image (wrapped to a 3D model) of an object.
The booster does have textures, but I'm not sure if it's supposed to look like in the attachment bellow. Note the scn is a random scn of mine.

Screenshot (251).png

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Well then those boosters are obviously textured, so look for something like it in the Textures folder. There's a 100% probability it is there. I can't help you further, I don't have that specific addon installed. But for any addon you put the textures in Textures or Textures2 folders, check of course for subfolders.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Here are the SRB repaint textures in dds and bmp.

Attachments

• slssrb1.zip
    43 KB · Views: 3