Problem [SOLVED] SSU VC CTD.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Does anybody know how this can happen?
It's happening because you mixed 4.2 with 5.0 is a big no-no. As I wrote earlier: Enough things have changed that renders anything made for earlier versions completely incompatible! These incompatibilities can range from broken animations to full-blown CTDs.

I'd recommend that unless you know exactly what you're doing to stay away from SSU at this point. It is far away from being considered a mature product.

Reaction score
It's happening because you mixed 4.2 with 5.0 is a big no-no. As I wrote earlier: Enough things have changed that renders anything made for earlier versions completely incompatible! These incompatibilities can range from broken animations to full-blown CTDs.

I'd recommend that unless you know exactly what you're doing to stay away from SSU at this point. It is far away from being considered a mature product.
Hm I already did a clean install where I deleted all of the 4.2 files and stuff.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Alright, I'll probably post any flight questions here. Another question I have is will there be post-landing operations added in the future.
Yes, but any all development has been paused due to lack of developer time to actually work on SSU at the moment.

Reaction score
Another random question, can you add like sounds to SSU like pre-countdown, countdown and reentry to landing.

Reaction score
@DaveS Do you know a checklist that last from payload bay door closing to landing for SSU V5? That is easy to follow like for example, the SSU v5 Assent Checklist.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Okay after a few days of playing SSU for a few hours. I have a few fight questions which I'll post later, but the first one is for abort modes for the space shuttle do you have to do them manually. If yes then will abort modes scroller thing on Panel (I forgot which one) be movable? I probably belive that made no since. So here's the simple version, basically will abort modes have to be done manually if yes will the abort switch inside the Space Shuttle's cockpit be functional in the future.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The aim to simulate everything on the shuttle. For now aborts are not available.