Gaming some KSP questions

DGMP

Reaction score
1. How do i use the monopropellant in the command pods?

2. How do i build a clamshell fairing(the type that seperate into two halves
to the sides of the rocket) for middle-rocket payload or engine?

3. Its occurs to me very often when the game is crashing & leave a crash log folder
in the game folder. Also the shadows are misplaced & appears distant underground,
despite that the vehicle & the buildings are on the ground. How do i fix both problems?

MattBaker

Reaction score
While we do have a KSP thread here this is still only the Orbiter forum. You probably find more experts on Kerbalkind on the KSP forums.

Still:
1. You need an RCS tank with monopropellant, and RCS thrusters, preferably a bunch of those. Then you can activate RCS in flight with r. Watch out, the SAS might burn your precious RCS away without you noticing.

2. There are none in the standard game. You need addons like procedural fairings etc. just have a quick search on the official forums. Although AFAIR fairings have no use other than looks in the base game and only actually "work" with ht updated atmospheric model of Ferram, also on the official forums.

3. You best direct that to the official forums preferably with a screenshot or two, they have literally logged a dozen more hours of KSP and its weirdness than I ever did.

DGMP

Reaction score
While we do have a KSP thread here this is still only the Orbiter forum. You probably find more experts on Kerbalkind on the KSP forums.

Still:
1. You need an RCS tank with monopropellant, and RCS thrusters, preferably a bunch of those. Then you can activate RCS in flight with r. Watch out, the SAS might burn your precious RCS away without you noticing.

2. There are none in the standard game. You need addons like procedural fairings etc. just have a quick search on the official forums. Although AFAIR fairings have no use other than looks in the base game and only actually "work" with ht updated atmospheric model of Ferram, also on the official forums.

3. You best direct that to the official forums preferably with a screenshot or two, they have literally logged a dozen more hours of KSP and its weirdness than I ever did.
2. hmm thx
3. Ok Ill go there.

1. So i simply need to put RCS thrusters on the pod(without RCS tank)
to use the propellant in it?

Richy

VTOL craft Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.richmans-maps.ch.vu
1. So i simply need to put RCS thrusters on the pod(without RCS tank)
to use the propellant in it?

Exactly. Since version 0.23 Pods have their own internal monopropellant. But it's not much. It's enough for docking, but with every other maneuvre, you run dry quite quick.