Spacecraft Soyuz 7K for Orbiter 2016

Gargantua2024

The Desktop Orbinaut
Reaction score
Of course, this is only usable for Soyuz for now, as my latest Proton update still suffers from third-party attachment bug. (older Proton by Thorton should be used until then). But once I get to update it, same trick will work for the new Proton (for any VesselM family addon, in fact).
You're right. Creating a custom SoyuzMissions.cfg file is better than directly overwriting the original source file. I will move the changes in the cfg into its own file on the next release. Meanwhile, as I reinstalled everything I just also confirmed your prior findings that Soyuz version 1.3 does not support third-party payloads like this addon (why didn't I notice I'm using version 1.2 all along lol).

In the Proton addon, version 3.1 also does not support third-party payloads, but version 3.0 (the March 2021 edition) does. In summary, just like your conclusions, all the recent bugs reported in this thread since Post 43 are caused simply by addon version incompatibility. I hope this solves all the issues reported, and I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience

igel

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.pin-plus.ca
Good news, thanks! I'll also now be more cautious with new releases, knowing they are directly used in other popular addons. With such mass of code and files, I long ago rely on automated testing, and it mostly keeps quality at pretty good. But even automation won't help if there is no test case for a particular situation. It will be now! :).