Request Soyuz 7K-TM (7K-T Derivative)

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
I was wondering if someone could make the Soyuz 7K-TM, a derivative of the Soyuz 7K-T which had solar panels and an APAS-75 docking mechanism for use on the Apollo-Soyuz Test Project. I'm a big fan of 4th Rock's Soyuz 7K Series and would like to add this little used derivative to my collection.

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
To add to my own thread from five years ago, I also wouldn't mind other Soyuz variants, for example Soyuz TM-16 which has an APAS-89 docking ring. The original Progress spacecraft (the one without solar panels) would be nice too. I'd love if someone made more Soyuz and Soyuz derived spacecraft from previous eras that had the same functionality as the Soyuz TM and TMA from Thorton's ISS add-on.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
A fairly long time ago, Castorp released these meshes:

https://www.orbithangar.com/showAddon.php?id=c964ab64-ff44-47a2-ab94-fee98570d50a

from the old OctoberSky project that was, unfortunately never to see the light of day.

I believe the people working on it were: no_matter, castorp, Darth Vader.

There is some info on this blog here: http://djvader.blogspot.com/?m=1

Sadly the old development threads were on M6 and are lost to time.

I made a few failed attempts at a Soyuz/Salyut addon many years ago, but never found the time and good systems documentation is very hard to find.

If you're really super interested in making it happen (why else would you post on a forum thread from 5 years ago), than I would be willing to help, or at least steer you on the right direction.

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
I tried making a Soyuz T (1979-1986) using an OKS as a base but I was never satisfied with it. I had to keep increasing the ISP in order to get the historic delta V capabilities of the original since using the historic ISP didn't get me near the delta V that the T allegedly had.

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

My interest in Soyuz variants now is due to the fact that I'm simulating Mir mission by mission and I would like things like a Soyuz T, Soyuz TM-16 with the APAS-89 docking ring, and the original generation of the Progress craft which was still in use for the early part of Mir's life. I like the look of the Soyuz 7K meshes but would like more options with them; for example animated antenna deployments, 7K-TM with APAS-75, have the vessels be one unit instead of 3 docked together, etc.

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Also, the one thing I love about the Soyuz TM and TMA from Thorton's ISS add-on is the working abort escape system as well as their ability to perform a lifting reentry.

Gargantua2024

The Desktop Orbinaut
Reaction score
Interesting...two of the most iconic post-Apollo Soviet missions, Soyuz T-13 and Soyuz T-15, are yet to be featured properly on Orbiter...it's about time to get it into action

Maybe you could watch the 2017 Russian film, Salyut 7, for references on making Soyuz T meshes

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
I've flown T-15 using a Soyuz TM as a stand in. I used Salyut 6 as a stand-in for Salyut 7 (with the Kvant-1 tug as a stand in for TKS-4). Unfortunately I've never done 3D modeling before, I also lack the programs for doing it.

Last edited: