Project Space Shuttle Cygnus

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Don't worry... I already have the first parts of the model and the large LCD screens. I can finish it in the next couple of days, I think...

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
OK, some troubles with the original textures made me use some parts of the Shuttle repaints that I released, but almost everything was changed! Almost three hours of hard work... Now this is the result:

I liked, and what do you think?

Nice, but try to avoid dark colors for the patches/logos. Those absorb solar radiant flux, while the original white paint is designed to send back in space a good deal of the flux, making cooling easier. The black patch on the white left wing could cause structural problems : the black parts will overheat, while the white parts will stay at reasonable temperature. The metal of the wing will be subject to a lot of strain. :2cents:

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
OK, but I'll create a new logo for the Cygnus...

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Here is the new logo for the Space Shuttle Cygnus:
picture.php

It's the patch of my fictional space program, the Lusophone Space Agency...

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
You should really make the logos a smaller size. Take a look on the real orbiters to see that you don't need oversized logos for things to look good. Besides, those big logos got cost quite a bit of payload up mass.

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
OK, thanks, I'll try it now...

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

The new markings of the Cygnus, now corrected (thanks DaveS!:thumbup:) :
picture.php

The current problem is the resolution, but I can solve it in some minutes...

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
I like the logo (could still be a little smaller) but in the future you might need to add more flags :thumbup:

Try to use some transparency between the logos and the wing tiles. That will give a painted-on look. In Photoshop multiply mode works even better.

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The markings are even smaller and with transparency effects!
Soon I'll create some burnt markings...

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Already checked! :p

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

The current model of the VC is very similar to the second picture! I'll show it when I texturize the cockpit tomorrow.

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
A very, very simple screenshot of the Main Panel, without the instruments:
picture.php

What you think about the layout of the MFD's? And what should I put in the small instrument areas in the texture?
I already designed the entire cockpit ,but it's still without textures and without instruments, so I will not show it today... In the next days the texturization of the cockpit will be complete (I hope!) so I'll show it.

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

I designed some small computers between the chairs, soon I'll show it for you!

Last edited:

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Back again, I can't show the entire model yet, but here is the first (and the most important) area of the VC...
picture.php

Still very simple, textures are not colored yet...
Now I need your help on:
What buttons should I create in the cockpit?
What should be the color of the panel?

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
buttons for the standard autopilots make sense.

I could think of more, but that depends on how complicated you want to make the flight deck.

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I could create the autopilot buttons in the section between the LCD's screens, above the small viewer.
And I choose a color: Blue! A very beautiful color, I'll show the new textures andthe Engine and Landing Gear controls soon...

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

And for me, visual quality is EVERYTHING!

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Small update. Here is the new appearence of the main section of the VC:
picture.php

As you can see, there are six Auto-Throttle Switches: Two for the main engines, two for the Scram engines and two for the RCS engines...

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm back! WOW, was a long break, but I was working for the Iron Hill project. Now that I'm back, my focus is the work in the details of the VC (the main controls are ready) and in the "compatibility" between the VC and the model of the exterior. And I'm going to create the Landing Gear. I have a friend that could create codes, but he haven't sure. Anyone here want to help? The release is expected to the last days of April, because I need to comeback to the Iron Hill project before May, 1th...