Space Shuttle to ISS

darian

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Ok I'm now getting back the feel of Orbiter again after couple years. I was gonna do an Apollo mission to the moon and last week trying to get feel of the CSM again I performed a successful Apollo mission to and from LEO back home. Yea I got the feel of the Space craft again. Today I tried to launch this new Space Shuttle Ultra to the ISS. Well after reaching LEO I had a inc of 50 and the ISS had an inc of 51. So I didn't try to align planes big mistake because my rel inc was 2.94. :mad::mad: Now I'm stuck in orbit near the station with only 5% fuel left. I'm gonna just try to land now.

However after reaching LEO then having to raise my orbit to match the ISS my fuel was around 70%. Does the Space Shuttle Ultra have accurate fuel consumption even though I think it does I just wanted to know how accurate is it. Also does anyone have that Atlantis to ISS tutorial.

Although I reached 300km to the station in only 3 orbits I just realized the RW shuttle takes 2-3 days to reach the ISS and thats like 32-48 orbits.

I just want some feed back on the fuel accuracy on the Shuttle Ultra.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
It has a pretty realistic fuel consumption and fuel mass (less then 5% error).

The shuttle needs 3 days because of many factor. One key factor is, that it saves you fuel, if you slowly approach the station. Look at the Rendezvous checklist to see, how the shuttle does the final movements.

Next factor is lighting conditions, another factor are the TPS checks with the OBSS on the second day.

Also, the preparations for being on Orbit take already the first 2.5 hours after launch in the real shuttle, that is an aspect we don't simulate completely yet.