General Question Space Station building problem

DutchPlayer

Reaction score
Hi,

I passed to achive orbit with the xr 5, I want to start building a space station. But I cant put the pieches (blocks) together. I use the URMS add-on for a RMS arm in the xr 5. I use that arm to put the blocks together, but when i release the block the (2) blocks wont put together.

Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong here??

Kind regards,
Dutchplayer

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi,

I passed to achive orbit with the xr 5, I want to start building a space station. But I cant put the pieches (blocks) together. I use the URMS add-on for a RMS arm in the xr 5. I use that arm to put the blocks together, but when i release the block the (2) blocks wont put together.

Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong here??

Kind regards,
Dutchplayer

Could be a lot of things, but:

-Find out where the docking ports on each module are, & squish those together
-make sure the arm is still when releasing the modules & the docking ports are perfectly aligned

If all else fails, try to dock one of the modules to the XR-5s dock port, then use the docking MFD to line up the module-XR5 structure for docking. This is rather challenging, so youll have to keep at it before you have success. Good luck! :tiphat:

DutchPlayer

Reaction score
Well, there are poibts on the modules, but some of them has a red dot on it, I dont know what they are, I cant find it in the doc file.
Is there a tutorial or manual anything about the RMS, so know what each part of the arm does.

BTW, can you send a docking manual. I dont know what is going on by docking, final approach and dock alignment.

Thank you for the respons :) !
Dutchplayer

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Docking space station modules is a really tricky activity. As B-J-J-L says, you can think that the two modules are very closely aligned and should dock, but you really have to be precise in all six dimensions (i.e. X, Y, Z position, roll, pitch and yaw orientation).

I recommend you look at the OFSS III (Orbiter Forum Space Station III) project and add-ons. It's a whole sub-forum space here: http://www.orbiter-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98

You get to fly some really interesting spacecraft (especially in the Russian fleet), and you build a space station one module at a time. Start from the first mission in the package and fly all of them to experience the whole environment.

Too bad we all collectively didn't complete it though, but if you get into it, maybe you can pick up from the last mission?

DutchPlayer

Reaction score
I'll try it! Do you also have docking tutorials with nosecone and the space shuttle way?

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

ADSWNJ,

The Shuttle Fleet doesn't excist anymore, cant find it anywhere!

Last edited: