Spacecraft3 in Scenario Editor

Reaction score
Alright, I've seen it several times... but everybody "forgets" how its done, and yes I'm talking about the Spacecraft3.dll ships/parts put in the scenario editor.

Some mods use Spacecraft3.dll in order for them to work, the way they are set up supposedly is the reason they wont work in the ScnEditor module. But I have seen people hint to how it would be done, or hint that its possible to "summon" these vessels with the scenario editor. Of course nobody has explained it fully, and several of them seem to reference that its possible several different ways.

If anybody could explain how it would be done, I'm game... as long as I don't have to reprogram the entire spacecraft. But I'll do cut and paste, and maybe a little bit of work for the addons I want.

Also if there was a way to get spacecraft2, or spacecraft(1) vessels to work... that'd be great!

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Type the name of the INI file in the name section, select type as Spacecraft3 ;)

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
If its not already there, you'll need a .cfg with the code:
Code:
ClassName = Spacecraft3
Module = Spacecraft3

and it needs to be in the Config\Vessels folder

Reaction score
Thanks! Geez that was so simple...

So I just choose the Spacecraft3 vessel in the Scenario Editor, then use the .ini file name? Thats Simple!

Another Question...
If I was to want perhaps two of the same thing, would I just duplicate a .ini file then name it to something else? Or Perhaps more likely I could rename some of the .ini files to easier to remember names? I dislike the idea of remembering what BM101 is everytime I want a BM101 (don't ask I just made up something). But to be smart and reduce any scenario loadup problems I would probably duplicate them first...

Eagle

Reaction score
I suggest copying an .ini file and renaming the copy, that way you don't mess up existing scenarios and other dependencies. You can rename .ini files to anything you want.

Reaction score
Well I kinda thought of that when I posted.

But I won't have any internal editing to do though? Just renaming the ini files will work?

Or in theory it will? I'll try to test it, but my flash drive with my mods on it just got wiped( I really don't know how the heck it did that ) so I have to re-download a bunch of addons.

Thanks for the help Eagle!

Eagle

Reaction score
Well I kinda thought of that when I posted.

But I won't have any internal editing to do though? Just renaming the ini files will work?

Or in theory it will? I'll try to test it, but my flash drive with my mods on it just got wiped( I really don't know how the heck it did that ) so I have to re-download a bunch of addons.

Thanks for the help Eagle!

If you leave the originals it should be fine. If a .ini file calls for the creation of another spacecraft3 it will use the old name and .ini file. You'll have to edit payload section of the .ini file if you want to change the name of the spawned craft.

Go ahead and edit away. As long as you leave the originals alone nothing should go wrong. (though I won't discourage you to backup should something go wrong).