Question SpaceX autopilot question

thumper235

Reaction score
Im bored and thought I would just play with orbiter this evening. Well I checked out the Space addon which is freaking awesome! But for some reason I cannot figure out how to program the autopilot.

I press the L key and it tells me to enter inclination, + northward -Southward. I have tried entering in 51.6, - southward with no results. I fire up my rockets, press A to engage and nothing happens.

I want to run the ISS scenario so I must set my autopilot to 51.6 degrees according to the intro.

Before I get flamed, I read through the documentation and it was not specific enough, atleast for me on what the command structure looks like.

Could someone please reply to this and just give me a generic how it should look Autopilot command? Thanks alot! :)

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
You should press L, enter the autopilot parameters, then press G to retract the tower and then press A to launch the rocket. There's no need to fire the engines manually ;)

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Hit L type your inclination
the hit it again to specify the ApA in Km
then G, then A

Jarod

Reaction score
Inclination should be set like this : "-51.6" or "51.6", not "51.6, - southward" or "51.6, + northward" :thumbup:

thumper235

Reaction score
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

New issue, or perhaps not?.. my autopilot stops after first stage separation. Is this supposed to happen? I set my apa to be 120km and im am barely around 90km when this happens.

Also, why do I feel like a complete idiot right now.

Last edited: