Project SpaceX SuperHeavy

Jeremyxxx

Reaction score
I have thought of a Starship concept resembling the Falcon Heavy (utilizing the Pre-2021 Super Heavy booster design as the two landable boosters while the Post-2021 Super Heavy would be captured by the Mechazilla arms as usual).

Soumya-8974

Add-on developer
Reaction score

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
This is from the official Payload Planner's Guide for the Delta IV EELV:

So NASA SLS document specifies an unmodified 5-m DCSS. So both the burn time and propellant/empty masses needs to be updated to reflect the LH2 tank stretch.

This would yield a liftoff thrust of 180-190 MN assuming the core stage would be throttled to a similar profile that Falcon Heavy is.

Still nowhere near the beast that Sea Dragon was proposed to be (350 MN).

I don't think this will ever happen. SpaceX has learned the lessons of FH and would probably just build a larger rocket. The successor to Super Heavy, I bet, will rival Sea Dragon and would exclusively launch from an ocean platform.

vchamp

Reaction score
It would be nice to be able to select a launch direction, northern or southern, for the launch autopilot, in addition to a target orbit inclination.

Max-Q

99 40
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It would be nice to be able to select a launch direction, northern or southern, for the launch autopilot, in addition to a target orbit inclination.
If you want to launch south, just enter a negative inclination.

Jeremyxxx

Reaction score
This addon would be the ideal for launching my fictional Cassini successor mission, which consists of an Titan Orbiter and lander, an Enceladus Orbiter, an Dione lander, an Iapetus Orbiter and CubeSat and a Phoebe Lander.

Jeremyxxx

Reaction score
This addon would be the ideal for launching my fictional Cassini successor mission, which consists of an Titan Orbiter and lander, an Enceladus Orbiter, an Dione lander, an Iapetus Orbiter and CubeSat and a Phoebe Lander.
Also, the Cassini Successor Multi-probe mission's mother orbiter that will orbit Saturn in this proposed addon of mine, is called Giovanni, named after the father of Jacques Cassini