Support Splashdown & Float bags

royy

Reaction score
Hi all!
Using NASSP 7.0 addon (with Orbiter 2010) and selecting one of the two available scenario (not broken) Apollo 7 or 8....I'm just simulating an ABORT and until this..OK.

When I perform "splashdown" only main chutes open.
In water main chutes still attached but NO FLOATATION BAGS open/visible... and NO MARKING visible. :facepalm:

How can I do to fill that bags?
I perform the check list (auto+flash).

Thanks in advance

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi all!
Using NASSP 7.0 addon (with Orbiter 2010) and selecting one of the two available scenario (not broken) Apollo 7 or 8....I'm just simulating an ABORT and until this..OK.

When I perform "splashdown" only main chutes open.
In water main chutes still attached but NO FLOATATION BAGS open/visible... and NO MARKING visible. :facepalm:

How can I do to fill that bags?
I perform the check list (auto+flash).

Thanks in advance

This should be covered by the postlanding checklist, although for the abort case the Checklist MFD might not have all the procedures. If you are using Apollo 8, just try the actual checklist for this: https://www.ibiblio.org/apollo/Documents/A8-TLI procs-1003.pdf

Mode IA abort is on page A-1 (PDF page 18) and then goes into Landing Phase (page A-6) and then into Postlanding (A-8 and following). Using that checklist should cover main chute release, filling the float bags and the dye marker.