Question SSU And IMFD

STS

Reaction score
Website
orbisondas.es
I think that he wants to use it for DV calculations.

AFAIR, you can use it but I can´t help you there because I dont remember how to use IMFD to calculate DV for orbit changes.

If I remember correctly, you can also use TransX MFD to get DV´s to perform orbit changes (and I think that TransX was easier than IMFD there). I am recalling some tests I did around 3 years ago...

Have in mind that you will have to convert the units from m/s to ft/s, and that IMFD´s autoburn will not work with SSU, you will have to enter the calculated DV´s from your MFD´s into the shuttle´s GPC (OPS201 and OPS202).

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I think that he wants to use it for DV calculations.

AFAIR, you can use it but I can´t help you there because I dont remember how to use IMFD to calculate DV for orbit changes.

If I remember correctly, you can also use TransX MFD to get DV´s to perform orbit changes (and I think that TransX was easier than IMFD there). I am recalling some tests I did around 3 years ago...

Have in mind that you will have to convert the units from m/s to ft/s, and that IMFD´s autoburn will not work with SSU, you will have to enter the calculated DV´s from your MFD´s into the shuttle´s GPC (OPS201 and OPS202).

For rendezvous, indy91's FDO MFD is the best.
The only issue are the limited capabilities of SSU's current ascent GNC, which will then cause more prop to be used during the orbital burns (but that's not indy91's fault, and his MFD will recalculate things). Eventually the ascent (and orbit) GNC will get a makeover, just like the entry got, and things will better.

asdad

Reaction score
GLS , you right SSU cant be use in IMFD i'm sorry because IMFD use only with Apollo and NASSP

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
GLS , you right SSU cant be use in IMFD i'm sorry because IMFD use only with Apollo and NASSP

You can use whatever you want but: