VS_Installer2.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 189

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Done. But linking errors:
Severity Code Description Project Path File Line Suppression State
Error LNK1181 cannot open input file 'OrbiterSoundSDK40.lib' SSU_LC39 D:\ssunew\Orbitersdk\Space Shuttle Ultra\LC39 D:\ssunew\Orbitersdk\Space Shuttle Ultra\LC39\LINK 1
Error LNK1181 cannot open input file 'OrbiterSoundSDK40.lib' SSU_SLC6 D:\ssunew\Orbitersdk\Space Shuttle Ultra\SLC6 D:\ssunew\Orbitersdk\Space Shuttle Ultra\SLC6\LINK 1
Error LNK1181 cannot open input file 'OrbiterSoundSDK40.lib' Crawler D:\ssunew\Orbitersdk\Space Shuttle Ultra\Crawler D:\ssunew\Orbitersdk\Space Shuttle Ultra\Crawler\LINK 1
Error LNK1181 cannot open input file 'OrbiterSoundSDK40.lib' Atlantis D:\ssunew\Orbitersdk\Space Shuttle Ultra D:\ssunew\Orbitersdk\Space Shuttle Ultra\LINK 1

I6kkoMJ.jpg

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Move the OrbiterSoundSDK40.lib to the lib folder.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Fix ed that. I didn't to move the .lib to lib folder
but now these:
Severity Code Description Project Path File Line Suppression State
Error C1047 The object or library file 'Release\PartitionDPS.obj' was created by a different version of the compiler than other objects like 'Release\AeroSurfaces.obj'; rebuild all objects and libraries with the same compiler Atlantis D:\ssunew\Orbitersdk\Space Shuttle Ultra D:\ssunew\Orbitersdk\Space Shuttle Ultra\LINK 1
Error LNK1257 code generation failed Atlantis D:\ssunew\Orbitersdk\Space Shuttle Ultra D:\ssunew\Orbitersdk\Space Shuttle Ultra\LINK 1

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Are you building in Debug or Release mode?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Trying right-clicking on the Atlantis_2019 solution in the Solution Explorer and select Clean solution. This will delete all the intermediate files that was created during the last build process. Now try building the solution again.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Question on new orbiter mesh: How far should I take it? Since this is a brand new mesh, it will break things once I get it into Orbiter. So should I proceed or is it better to wait?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Question on new orbiter mesh: How far should I take it? Since this is a brand new mesh, it will break things once I get it into Orbiter. So should I proceed or is it better to wait?

Can you fix the animations yourself? If not better wait until somebody is around who can.

And who can do that, should do it in a feature branch. Make sure the mesh is fully integrated into SSU and then merge the branch back.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Can you fix the animations yourself? If not better wait until somebody is around who can.

And who can do that, should do it in a feature branch. Make sure the mesh is fully integrated into SSU and then merge the branch back.
I could take care of the animations, although there's several that aren't implemented yet (for example, the star tracker doors and the vent doors). The star tracker doors do have animation sequences attached to them, it's just that the switches on O6 aren't hooked up to them yet. And the vent doors are commanded either through the RSLS (commanded to full OPEN at T-28 seconds at 2.5 sec intervals with an RSLS check at T-7 seconds) in or SPEC 051 OVERRIDE (part of Entry FDF, page 2-10, VENT DOOR CLOSE).

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I could take care of the animations, although there's several that aren't implemented yet (for example, the star tracker doors and the vent doors). The star tracker doors do have animation sequences attached to them, it's just that the switches on O6 aren't hooked up to them yet. And the vent doors are commanded either through the RSLS (commanded to full OPEN at T-28 seconds at 2.5 sec intervals with an RSLS check at T-7 seconds) in or SPEC 051 OVERRIDE (part of Entry FDF, page 2-10, VENT DOOR CLOSE).

No show stopper there, IMHO. You can test the animations also without any simulation behind, if needed.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
No show stopper there, IMHO. You can test the animations also without any simulation behind, if needed.
How do you mean? Currently there's no triggers for them. The ST door switches on O6 have their proper animations but there's no connection between the switch logic and the actual ST door animations. So moving the switches does nothing, the ST doors remain closed. And the AVS has no animations period.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
How do you mean? Currently there's no triggers for them. The ST door switches on O6 have their proper animations but there's no connection between the switch logic and the actual ST door animations. So moving the switches does nothing, the ST doors remain closed. And the AVS has no animations period.

Yes. What about you just define some REALLY obscure keybinding (or keybinding sequence) for triggering all animations for test purposes? This way you can test that all animations work fine and are not depending on people implementing the mechanic subsystem.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Yes. What about you just define some REALLY obscure keybinding (or keybinding sequence) for triggering all animations for test purposes? This way you can test that all animations work fine and are not depending on people implementing the mechanic subsystem.
Well, the thing is that I'm not a coder. I can edit existing code, but not create new code. Maybe I should wait until we have the external animation system we discussed for version 5.2 is in place.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Well, the thing is that I'm not a coder. I can edit existing code, but not create new code. Maybe I should wait until we have the external animation system we discussed for version 5.2 is in place.

It isn't exactly rocket science.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Current state of the new orbiter mesh. Still working on the new payload bay doors, after which I'll move on to the vertical stabilizer and adding the actual FRCS jet nozzles.

Attachments

• NewOrbiter.jpg
    NewOrbiter.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 189
Status
Not open for further replies.