SSU installation instructions

Hectarea

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone. I´ve tried to install SSU correctly for orbiter 2016 since it came out, but I still don't get results with the tutorial that exists in this forum. Any soul would like to explain or help me install SSU easily? :)

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Good afternoon everyone. I´ve tried to install SSU correctly for orbiter 2016 since it came out, but I still don't get results with the tutorial that exists in this forum. Any soul would like to explain or help me install SSU easily? :)

Where does the tutorial fail?

Hectarea

Reaction score
Where does the tutorial fail?

Well, I´ve read some thread which says that someone failed in the step of compiling SSU in VS. In the end, the author claims to have fixed the problem by installing Obiter in the SSU folder.
When I downloaded the files with tortoise (in D:/SSU), 3 folders were created: branches, tags and trunk.
I also failed to compile atlantis_2017 in VS, and I tried to move the files from the trunk folder to the folder where Orbiter is installed, now I don't know what is right or what to do.
And also, if I need to install Orbiter in some SSU folder, do I need to replace SSU´s earth.cfg?
send help pls:facepalm:

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Well, I´ve read some thread which says that someone failed in the step of compiling SSU in VS. In the end, the author claims to have fixed the problem by installing Obiter in the SSU folder.
When I downloaded the files with tortoise (in D:/SSU), 3 folders were created: branches, tags and trunk.
I also failed to compile atlantis_2017 in VS, and I tried to move the files from the trunk folder to the folder where Orbiter is installed, now I don't know what is right or what to do.
And also, if I need to install Orbiter in some SSU folder, do I need to replace SSU´s earth.cfg?
send help pls:facepalm:
As I'm the author of that tutorial, I can report that there indeed was an error in it (the SVN URL). I've corrected it to point to the trunk. My suggestion to you is to delete the contents of your SSU folder and repoint to URL svn://orbiter-radio.co.uk/shuttleultra/trunk in the SVN Checkout dialog. This will download the correct files. Then you should be able to build the sources.

As for your other question, yes this is done through the Revert option that is mentioned later in the tutorial post.

Hectarea

Reaction score
As I'm the author of that tutorial, I can report that there indeed was an error in it (the SVN URL). I've corrected it to point to the trunk. My suggestion to you is to delete the contents of your SSU folder and repoint to URL svn://orbiter-radio.co.uk/shuttleultra/trunk in the SVN Checkout dialog. This will download the correct files. Then you should be able to build the sources.

As for your other question, yes this is done through the Revert option that is mentioned later in the tutorial post.

Hi again, seems like not working, I still having 17 erros in VS

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Hi again, seems like not working, I still having 17 erros in VS
Could you post them here? Make sure to put them inside
Code:
 tags.

Hectarea

Reaction score
Could you post them here? Make sure to put them inside
Code:
 tags.[/quote]

https://imgur.com/Nsofq6n
https://imgur.com/fP1bIQP

As you can see my VS is in spanish. 
the "salida" (output) window shows 0 correct, 16 errors, 0 updates, 1 skipped.

The error list window shows this message: "Error MSB8036.
The Windows SDK version 10.0.15063.0 was not found. Install the required version of the Windows SDK or change the version of the SDK on the project property pages or by right-clicking on the solution and selecting "Redestinate Solution".

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
https://imgur.com/Nsofq6n
https://imgur.com/fP1bIQP

As you can see my VS is in spanish.
the "salida" (output) window shows 0 correct, 16 errors, 0 updates, 1 skipped.

The error list window shows this message: "Error MSB8036.
The Windows SDK version 10.0.15063.0 was not found. Install the required version of the Windows SDK or change the version of the SDK on the project property pages or by right-clicking on the solution and selecting "Redestinate Solution".

Open Visual Studio installer and make sure the Windows SDK 10.0.15063.0 is selected, and install. Then it should compile.

Hectarea

Reaction score
Open Visual Studio installer and make sure the Windows SDK 10.0.15063.0 is selected, and install. Then it should compile.

Now this:
https://imgur.com/WCO0lPf
https://imgur.com/BgUHfpv

second image translation: Error C1083.
Cannot open file include: 'OrbiterAPI.h': No such file or directory (compiling WSB.cpp source file) Atlantis d: \ ssu \ orbitersdk \ space shuttle ultra \ atlantissubsystem.h 35

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Now this:
https://imgur.com/WCO0lPf
https://imgur.com/BgUHfpv

second image translation: Error C1083.
Cannot open file include: 'OrbiterAPI.h': No such file or directory (compiling WSB.cpp source file) Atlantis d: \ ssu \ orbitersdk \ space shuttle ultra \ atlantissubsystem.h 35

The first image tells me you didn't install the required Windows SDK version, or is this the old error? The second tells me you don't have Orbiter installed in the SSU directory.

Hectarea

Reaction score
The first image tells me you didn't install the required Windows SDK version, or is this the old error? The second tells me you don't have Orbiter installed in the SSU directory.

I´m gonna Install Orbiter again

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Btw, which D3D9 client should I install?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I´m gonna Install Orbiter again

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Btw, which D3D9 client should I install?
It doesn't really matter, but you should go with whichever is the most recent for the Orbiter version you're using.

Hectarea

Reaction score
You need to go to the Extra tab, then Instruments and Panels, double-click on MFD parameter configuration. In bottom field select 512x512.

Now SSU is fully functional, thx!

amalahama

Reaction score
Hi,

is there still a long way until 5.0 release? I was thinking on trying to build a nightly myself but if we are close I prefer to avoid the PITA.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Hi,

is there still a long way until 5.0 release? I was thinking on trying to build a nightly myself but if we are close I prefer to avoid the PITA.

The big item still open are the meshes... how long it will take I can't really tell, but there's still a lot of work to do... :shrug:

NextBigLeap

Reaction score
I have built the modules for my current SSU installation, but a buddy of mine who I got into orbiter isn’t quite as motivated to do this himself. Is there any existing download for a pre compiled SSU installation.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I have built the modules for my current SSU installation, but a buddy of mine who I got into orbiter isn’t quite as motivated to do this himself. Is there any existing download for a pre compiled SSU installation.

Not as of this moment. :shrug:
Hopefully the meshes will get finished this century, and we'll start releasing alpha/beta/whatever builds, and soon after the full 5.0 release.

Cougar

Reaction score
Happy new year to everbody!

I can not find MS Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition on the net.

The provided link (https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/) always leads me to Visual Studio 2019.

VS 2019 looks different from what you describe in the installation tutorial. There is are no "Windows SDK 10.0.15063.0 options" to select.

One other thing: I can not find the video you mention in the tutorial: "Everything has already been set up if you followed the VC++ setup video linked earlier in this thread".

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Many greetings
Rick