Support SSU VC++ Fail

Reaction score
Okay after following the steps I got a tone of fatal errors. Check the File attached bellow.

Attachments

• SSU Faliure.txt
    63.3 KB · Views: 0
Reaction score
Some more would be, fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'Orbiterapi.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file src\PEG4Targeting.cpp) and fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'orbitersdk.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file src\AerodynamicLookupTables.cpp)

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
For the general C++ project/solution setup:
1. Errors or warnings beginning with a 'C' are compiler errors or warnings.
2. Errors or warnings beginning with a 'L' are linker errors or warnings.
3. Header files are mostly needed by the compiler (ressouce compiler, too - special case)
4. Library and object files (.lib .obj) are used by the Linker.
5. Visual Studio (C++) Projects have nearly all the properties you need to change at the project (.vcxproj)

So when a header is not found, you immediately know:
a) it's a compiler setting you have to check
b) it's in a project setting (Right click on project in "Solution Explorer" Tree - select "Properties")
c) as it's a compiler setting, you have to take a look at the C++ section ("C++" -> "General" -> "Additional Include Directories" in this case).
There you should have at least have one entry pointing to Orbitersdk\include.
Usually this is done by using a makro ($(SDKIncludeDir) for Orbiter projects)

Getting Linker errors, you can proceed with a similar reasoning:
a) it's a linker setting you have to check
b) it's in a project setting (Right click on project in "Solution Explorer" Tree - select "Properties")
c) as it's a linker setting, you have to take a look at the Linker section ("Linker" -> "General" -> "Additional Library Directories" for a .lib not found example).
There you should have at least have one entry pointing to Orbitersdk\lib.
Usually this is done by using a makro ($(SDKLibDir) for Orbiter projects)

The second part is just a general description to show the steps one has to think through to get to a result and is not specific to this issue ;)

Reaction score
Update, I just followed the instructions correctly and I got, "========== Build: 15 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========". I'm not quite sure if this is correct or not, please let me know. (Check out the text document attached bellow.)

Attachments

• SSU Sucess.txt
    11.8 KB · Views: 5

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I tested it out, everything loaded fine, but after SRB sep the SSME engines sound cuts out.
That's intentional as the SSMEs are very quiet in a low pressure environment. Many crews reported that they could not hear the engines and thought that they had shut down until the G-forces built up again.

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Update, I just followed the instructions correctly and I got, "========== Build: 15 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========". I'm not quite sure if this is correct or not, please let me know. (Check out the text document attached bellow.)
1. Congratulations for fixing your build issues ?
2. The '1 skipped' project is O.K. in this case as it is "just" the libUltraTests project:
Rich (BB code):
5>SSU_LCC_2019.vcxproj -> C:\SSU\Modules\SSU_LCC.dll
1>libUltra_2019.vcxproj -> C:\SSU\Orbitersdk\libUltra\lib\libUltra.lib
8>------ Build started: Project: Atlantis, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
9>------ Build started: Project: Atlantis_Tank, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
10>------ Build started: Project: Crawler, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
11>------ Build started: Project: SSU_LC39, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
12>------ Build started: Project: SSU_Centaur, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
13>------ Build started: Project: SSU_IUS, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
14>------ Build started: Project: SSU_SLC6, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
15>------ Skipped Build: Project: libUltraTests, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
15>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
16>------ Build started: Project: SSU_OTS, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
9>Atlantis_Tank.cpp
12>SSU_Centaur.cpp

Reaction score
A random "issue" I found is that the SSU Reentry Mesh isn't loading in like it should normally. (I deleted all the photos I had of my old SSU install so no photos this time) Is there a fix to this or no.