Start Clients Paused?

AssemblyLanguage

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I'm thinking of setting up a parallel approach and land. Is it possible to connect the clients in paused mode? It would be nice if the "GO" could be issued from the server.

Ren Dhark

Reaction score
I'm thinking of setting up a parallel approach and land. Is it possible to connect the clients in paused mode? It would be nice if the "GO" could be issued from the server.

I don't think it's possible to start client in pause mode, server time will keep going forward.
But you can do a serial approach and land. Check out the new scenario I added to OMP last week, its called "XR2 Mars Reentry".

Last edited:

AssemblyLanguage

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Check out the new scenario I added to OMP last week, its called "XR2 Mars final approach".

Thanks Ren Dhark. I tried the new scenario but I ran out of fuel. I need more practice with unlimited fuel.

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

I don't think it's possible to start client in pause mode, server time will keep going forward.

I tried starting a couple of clients with a local server with the slim hope that editing the server.xml, causing a reload, would reset all clients back to the original location. The reload didn't even reset the server's mjd specified in the server.xml.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The reload didn't even reset the server's mjd specified in the server.xml.

Indeed the MJD is not reset on a configuration reload. But you can open an admin shell anytime and use the mjd reset command. Check the docs for format.

AssemblyLanguage

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Indeed the MJD is not reset on a configuration reload. But you can open an admin shell anytime and use the mjd reset command. Check the docs for format.

Thanks Face. I had tired mjd reset command and it worked fine.

I am trying to reset all local server connected clients back to their original location at nearly the same time. This isn't something that a normal OMP setup would need to do so I wasn't surprised (or disappointed) that a configuration reload or mjd reset would do that. But I thought I'd try anyway. I learned a lot about OMP along the way.