Shuttle Fleet STS-130 Expansion Packs released

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Now released at Orbithangar, the preliminary expansion pack for STS-130. This includes a launch scenario and RNDZ
scenario for STS-130 using payloads provided by Donamy. The state vectors include the orbit adjust for the ISS
scheduled for 1/22/10.

Dave

Expansion Pack users:
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4415"]http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4415[/ame]

Mid / HI Res KSC Expansion Pack users:
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4416"]http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4416[/ame]

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
New Packages released (first revision)

The STS-130 Expansion packs have been revised with updated payloads by Don Gallagher ("Donamy") and updated state vectors for a launch at 09:39:47 UTC on 7 Feb 2010.

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Will provide an update later today for the new launch time. Updating state vectors now, but I'm waiting to make sure there will be another attempt at 09:14 UTC tomorrow, the weather might still be an issue.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Will provide an update later today for the new launch time. Updating state vectors now, but I'm waiting to make sure there will be another attempt at 09:14 UTC tomorrow, the weather might still be an issue.
Well, the MMT have decided to try again tomorrow. They'll evaluate the latest forecasts at the standard pre-tanking meeting tonight.

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Thanks Dave, I'm in direct contact with someone inside the LCC, so I'm waiting for his input.

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

The packs have been updated for a 2/8/10 launch.

---------- Post added 02-08-10 at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was 02-07-10 at 09:10 PM ----------

Packages updated with additional FD1 scenarios, FD2 scenarios and one additional FD3 scenario.

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Fourth Revisions released with 'new' ISS model

The fourth revision of the STS-130 Expansion Packs for the Shuttle Fleet have been released. The payload meshes and configurations are courtesy of "Donamy"; these packages include a FD1 launch scenario, the post OMS2 and post NC1 scenarios, FD2 post NC2 and NC3 scenarios, and the FD3 post NC4 and RNDZ scenarios based on a launch on 2/8/10.

In order to make better use of the wonderful payloads from Don, I have created a new ISS model; ISS20A. While a new ISS Fleet will be released soon, and includes this model, I'm providing the model along with an updated ISS Fleet manual in this package. This new model allows for the use of the new Node 3 and Cupola. New scenarios are included that make use of this new model and its capabilities.

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
David,
Great work as usual; I wish however you would really consider making your fleet and ISS UMMU compatible !

I know you don't like to support your work with other add-ons much since it doesn't serve any purpose for you personally, but I feel it would provide all of your work a significant future long after the shuttle retires and long after you retire from providing us with your great work.

Please give it some consideration; I know many of us "long-timers" in the Orbiter community would be very thankfull for it.

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Anybody interested in further real-time elements? I can create them and upload them to this thread for use with the Expansion pack revision 4 if there's interest.

As to UMMU; what's the advantage? I thought there was somekind of "universal UMMU" out there already that allowed any vessel to have the capability. Retirement of the Shuttle Fleet is nearer than you might think, when the new Orbiter is released, that'll be the end of the fleet. I don't have the time to upgrade to a new compiler...

Dave

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Well, just speaking for myself, If the new Orbiter version is NOT compatable with your fleet whats the point of going with the newer version of Orbiter ?????

Obviously manned American Space-flight is going to dwindle down over the next god knows how many years so I highly doubt that many new "acurate" models of manned spacecraft are going to be developed that will come even close to your Fleet.

So as far as I'm concerned I'll be sticking with this current version of Orbiter were manned space flight is well represented thanks to you, Norton and many others that have made Orbiter what it is today.

I highly doubt many of the great add-on developers will have the time and energy to re-configure all their add-ons AGAIN to be compatable with the new version of Orbiter (whenever that comes out).

So just speaking for myself, a MMU compatible shuttle and ISS would be a nice finish to all your hard work; the icing on the cake if you may.

But whatever happens, I thank you for everything you have done; Orbiter would not be what it is today without your Fleet.

:cheers:

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
So as far as I'm concerned I'll be sticking with this current version of Orbiter were manned space flight is well represented thanks to you, Norton and many others that have made Orbiter what it is today.

Why not just run a 2006 & a 2010 version? ;)

Sideshow

Reaction score
I agree with Yoda. Your Shuttle Fleet and Rob Conley’s Mercury and Gemini are what got me into Orbiter in the first place. There are of course many wonderful addons for orbiter today, but to me these addons will always be held in high regard.

Thank you. :cheers:

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Getting back on the topic; attached are scenarios for users of the STS-130 Expansion packs, Rev.4. This package provides real-time scenarios for the docked complex for FD8 - FD12 (prior to reboost on FD12). The epoch of the elements is around midnight (00:00) GMT for each day and the scenarios should be good for around 24 hours. The complex is shown in the final docked configuration with the Cupola on Node3 nadir and PMA3 on Node3 port.

Updates as I get better state vectors...

Dave

Attachments

• STS130RTScenarios.zip
    15.3 KB · Views: 23

flying coffin

Reaction score
Hi David,

I seem to be missing ISS20A, I'm sure I have an up to date expansion pack, and the description of ISS Fleet (v.2.1 I think) on OH says the latest
ISS in there is 15A which I do have. Did I miss an update somewhere?

Thanks for your help and wonderful addons!

Chris

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Hi David,

I seem to be missing ISS20A, I'm sure I have an up to date expansion pack, and the description of ISS Fleet (v.2.1 I think) on OH says the latest
ISS in there is 15A which I do have. Did I miss an update somewhere?

Thanks for your help and wonderful addons!

Chris

Please read this entire thread; go back to 2/14/10 entries. You need to have loaded the latest revision of the STS-130 Expansion Pack; Rev.4 contained the new ISS20A model.

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
David,

When inside the Cupola, is it animated so you can actually open the window covers ? If so what key opens them and if not is this going to be something that will be added later on ?
Thanks.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
If it is just a SC3 cupola, it works by pressing 'left shift' with the keypad numbers.

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
If it is just a SC3 cupola, it works by pressing 'left shift' with the keypad numbers.

It is, and I guess I just assumed that folks would know to check the ini file that you created Don. Regardless, enter the Cupola by selecting it as the focus vessel, then enter it ("F1") then enter the virtual cockpit ("F8"), then the window covers can be opened by LEFT SHIFT+ the window number (keypad numbers, 1 through 7). That will open the views up. To close the window covers, same key sequence.