Updates STS-134 Updates

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
sts134_patch02.jpg

SOURCE OF ARTICLE: http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2010/02/one-in-one-out-discovery-endeavour-tag-next-mission/

''STS-134 will be the 133rd flight of the Space Shuttle Program (SSP) and the 25th and final voyage of the orbiter Endeavour, which began service in May 1992 on STS-49.
Carrying an ISS mission designation of ULF-6 (Utilization and Logistics Flight 6), STS-134 was officially baselined into the Flight Definition and Requirements Document (FDRD) on June 25, 2009 (several mission baselines available on L2) – initiating production of flight processes to support a No Earlier Than launch date of July 29, 2010.

AMS-02 – weighing 15,300lbs – will have four longeron payload latches and one active keel latch for its attachment to the payload bay sidewalls of Endeavour. Additionally, once on orbit, Remotely Operated Electrical Umbilicals (ROEU) will provide AMS-02 with 124V of power for its heaters and avionics. Prior to liftoff, this power will be provided via the T0 umbilicals on the launch pad. These T0 umbilicals will also allow launch personnel to monitor the health of AMS-02 prior to liftoff and make sure that Launch Commit Criteria for the AMS-02 are not breached.''

1981-2010. Americas Space Shuttle draws to a close with this Mission.

Last edited:

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
Unique, thats for sure. Never seen a patch shaped like that. I like it actually.

I must admit, it's growing on me! ;)

I'm just surprised the patch doesn't make any reference to this mission being Endeavour's final flight.

clickypens

Orbinauta
Reaction score
I like the design, and I like that they put the name on the patch. But just kinda sticking it on the side of the orbiter in an arial font looks.....a little tacky in my opinion.

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
I like the design, and I like that they put the name on the patch. But just kinda sticking it on the side of the orbiter in an arial font looks.....a little tacky in my opinion.
Actually it looks like Helvetica, judging by the shape of the "r" at the end, the tail on the "a" and the horizontal cut on the "e". The other letters are virtually identical between the two typefaces anyway. Helvetica is the font used on the side of the real space shuttle, so it is in some way appropriate.

clickypens

Orbinauta
Reaction score
okay. helvetica. :lol: I knew it was the same font as the shuttle. I guess it just looks at bit big to me. Though, looking at it a little more, it does start to grow on me. I especially like the sun-sprite-thing.

And that is why I'm not a graphic designer.

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
STS-134's going to be NASA's final science related manned space flight with AMS-02. So the patch is appropriate in that sense too.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I love the mission poster and the crew portrait!

Pablo49

Reaction score
I find that poster terribly hysterical. The patch is pretty cool though.

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Couple of facts for this mission
1) Final Space Shuttle flight
2) Final flight of Endeavour
3) OBSS left on ISS
4) Last EVA's preformed by a Space Shuttle
5) Last science related Shuttle mission payload (AMS-02)
Feel free to add on

Last edited:

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Processing for the now currently scheduled last shuttle launch is going smoothly. Might be NET November, but we'll see on Friday when the shuttle teams get together to decide a path to follow. Minimum 3 month delay, Maximum 5 month.

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Official: STS-134 is now the last space shuttle mission. Launch either November 6th - 25th 2010.

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Any rough launch times for November? I want to be disappointed that I can't watch it now, not in November :lol:.

---------- Post added at 22:09 ---------- Previous post was at 21:47 ----------

I think I found it out myself, http://www.unmannedspaceflight.com/index.php?showtopic=5694 says that nodal regression causes the LAN to make a full revolution in 71.5 days, and as the LAN is moving to the west and the launch time on September 16th is 15:57 UT, it should be at a time of ca. 5:00 UT on November 27th, that means that it only will be good for me on November 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21. Everything else will mean suicide :lol:.

titanic

Reaction score
space shuttle external tank et-137

I would be grateful if anyone could tell me if et-137 has left the tank factory in michoud, louisiana. Many thanks titanic.