Updates STS-135 Updates

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
I was there too, about 10 miles south of the pad on a boat in the Banana River waving Old Glory. Still miss the Space Shuttle everyday, shame they were retired so soon. I remember hearing "bittersweet" thrown around a lot back then but the only sweet part I remember that day was a safe launch.

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
I was there too, about 10 miles south of the pad on a boat in the Banana River waving Old Glory. Still miss the Space Shuttle everyday, shame they were retired so soon. I remember hearing "bittersweet" thrown around a lot back then but the only sweet part I remember that day was a safe launch.

We must've been close by then. I was also on a boat in the Banana River for this launch.

Still one of my favorites to see in person, although the first Falcon Heavy launch eclipses it just for pure spectacle.

statisticsnerd

Reaction score
It's been 10 years after STS-135...

And SLS/Orion has STILL not launched yet. Thank goodness for SpaceX.
Agreed. I predict that SLS will either be quietly cancelled or there will only be one or two test launches and then it will be deemed unnecessary once Starship is ready.

NASA does a good job with :probe:and training astronauts, but it looks like commercial launches will be the way to go in the future for manned missions, specifically launches using SpaceX vehicles as they have a good track record. BO is pathetic.

Last edited: