Stuttering main panel

Sverige

Reaction score
Sometimes I have problems with stuttering and only in the main panel. Sometimes the tendency for stuttering disappears when I switch between different panels. Does anyone have the same problem as me? I have a very powerful computer with latest Nvidia graphics cards :tiphat:

/Mikael

Sverige

Reaction score
Hi Ripley,

All Apollo both v7 2010 and v8 2016. Of course, I've tried all the different settings in orbits, but maybe there's a specific Nvida setting that's needed. Stuttering decreases when I switch between external and internal view or between the different panels. It also disappears when I remove FDAI so it seems to be linked to these instruments in some way. But these instruments are mandatory for me and my Apollo experience. Thanks for all help I can get!

/Mikael

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
Sorry, I did not realize I was replying in the NASSP subforum.
I've never used NASSP and I don't have a clue.

clipper

Reaction score
This is due to the complexity and amount of systems that are simulated on the main panel, which results in reduced performance.

An easy solution is to go to Extra -> Vessel configuration -> Project Apollo Configuration and switch the CSM main panel option to Multiple, split panels. This will result in a main panel that is split into three instead of a single large one, but should ensure stable performance.

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It's mostly the CSM main panel that is the problem. And for some reason it has gotten worse from Orbiter 2010 to 2016. I don't think it's a graphics card problem, but a CPU one instead. And it's also fairly random, sometimes I am getting 60 fps on the main panel then I switch back and forth between panels and suddenly it's only 30fps. And sometimes it can suddenly become 60fps again.

The reason is probably the number of bitmap operations that are going on on the CSM main panel. We have an outdated 2D panel system that only consists of bitmaps, not 2D meshes. And there certainly are lots of performance inefficiencies. We don't really have a proper panel expert in the NASSP development team, but I have just finished a big project for NASSP (the mission control support feature) and I guess I'll tackle this issue and try to find out what is going on. Hopefully I can figure something out soon!

Sverige

Reaction score
Indy, I am absolutely convinced that you will solve the problem in the future. I'm also glad to know I'm not alone with the problem and it's still the best and realistic simulator I've used :thumbup:

:tiphat:
Mikael