Sun-Earth General Lissajous Orbit Datasets

MontBlanc2012

Reaction score
Attached is a .zip file containing .xlsx spreadsheets containing the datasets needed to calculate the state vectors of Lissajous orbits about L1 and L2 of the Sun-Earth (EMB) system.

With these datasets, one can calculate the state vectors of a vessel on the centre manifold of any given MJD for a planar Lyapunov orbit, vertical Lyapunov orbit, Halo orbit or any general Lissajous orbit if the Sun-Earth system.

The procedure for decoding these datasets is the same as for Dialing-up arbitrary Lagrange Point orbits except that one replaces the Earth with the Sun; and the Moon with the Earth-Moon Barycentre (EMB).

[Aside: it took me a while to calculate these tables because I encountered problems with normal machine precision floating-point arithmetic. Consequently, I've spent a happy week or so re-writing my algorithm to cope with arbitrary precision arithmetic and, at the same time, streamlining the core algorithm. At some point, I'll write up notes on this and publish the algorithm - but there's a fair bit of physics and maths buried there and setting out clearly the logic of what is going on in the algorithm will take some effort on my part.]

[Another aside: at some point, I'll post examples of how to use these datasets - but for the time being, and after the Herculean effort to re-work my algorithm so that it works faster, better and more accurately, this publication of the dataset will serve as a placeholder.]

Attachments

• SE Lissajous ER3BP.zip
    358.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited: