Sun texture/lens flare

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
I think a major contribution to Orbiter would be if the sun could have a lens flare look when the camera is looking directly into the sun.

If at all possible, would be a very nice addon to Orbiter.
:cheers:

596px-Lens_Flare.jpg

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
I posted a request for that feature on M6. I think 2005 had sun glare, but no lens flare

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmm
Seeing as Orbiter uses Sol as the primary ( and only ) light source , it would add a neat effect, especially for Orbiter movie makers.

Maybe that will be included in the next version of Orbiter as one of the lighting effects in the Tabbed launchpad menue.

That's a good idea if it can be made to happen. :speakcool:

pete.dakota

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Some may argue that lens flare is not realistic in Orbiter (or any game), as you, being in your spaceship, are not a camera, and so, wouldn't see lens flare. Sun glare would be realistic, though and a neat effect, too.

gimp1992

Reaction score
Washing out the view when lookin down Sun would be more realistic.

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
Some may argue that lens flare is not realistic in Orbiter (or any game), as you, being in your spaceship, are not a camera, and so, wouldn't see lens flare. Sun glare would be realistic, though and a neat effect, too.

True enough, but what about external view? are you saying that your head is floating out in space observing your body ;)

It could be made so that the lens flare is not running when in 1st person mode. However there are such things as glass cotpits. I am not sure if there is a glare effect when in space, but its something to think of.