O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Greetings fellow Orbinauts,

Today I am officially stepping down as an active administrator here at Orbiter-Forum. In addition, I have donated the forum license and all rights to Martin Schweiger, so he will be the official owner of the forum. The details are still being ironed out, but the ball is rolling. After more than 4 years as an administrator since I setup the forum back in October of 2007, I feel it is time for me to move on. I've found other passions in life which I wish to pursue while I'm still young and time is running out for some of them. From the very beginning, I only wished to provide a reliable and professional environment for Orbiter users to communicate, and share their experiences with this amazing simulation we all love. I had always planned to give ownership to Martin, because most importantly, I wanted to see the community stay together. Although I am stepping down as owner and admin, nothing will be changing which you all would need to be concerned about.

With that said, please don't consider this announcement a good-bye! I do still enjoy visiting the forum and posting when I have time, and I of course will see OFSS-III through to completion. I just don't have the time or desire to be an administrator anymore, handling the usual day to day business, but I will remain on the staff as a Webmaster. Please do NOT contact me about business pertaining to the forum, moderating issues or disputes about staff actions, posts removed, etc. We have an extremely knowledgeable team of administrators and moderators who are more than capable of handling these issues. Problems or help with the forum software (ie: bugs, questions, etc.) should be posted in the Site Support project as usual, and one of our administrators will address the issue. Myself and tblaxland will be available as Webmasters, should our assistance be required, but we will be notified by the staff should that time come.

Although Martin will be the owner of the forum, he does not have time to be an active administrator on the forum. His focus has been with the development of Orbiter, so the added burden of administrator duties on the forum is not something he wishes to take on at this time. Should that ever change, I'm sure he will notify you all as such. So, don't feel you need to contact Martin about forum business simply because he is the owner. Inquires should still be made through the proper channels of our active administrators and moderators first. If some issue requires escalation to the forum owner, then Martin will be notified. I would hate to see Martin get flooded with "he said, she said" PMs about daily drama on the forum when his time is much more valuable continuing to develop and support Orbiter, which is of course why we're all here!

Finally and most importantly, I would like to thank you all for being a part of this community and for all of your support and friendship over the years! Also, a most heart warming thanks goes out to all of our staff members (past and present) who volunteer hours of their time to keep things running smoothly around here. Often members don't see the amount of work the staff put in to the community, so I'd just like to shine a light on you guys as I depart and tell you how much I have really enjoyed working with you all! I will always remember every year, and even with some of the asshats we've had to deal with, it was very enjoyable working with you all and getting to know you guys better as we've become good friends. :cheers:

Most humbly,
Blake (Tex)

insanity

Blastronaut
Donator
Reaction score
Tex, you've been a great administrator and have been key in building a great community here. Good luck in your next endeavors and I expect to see you around these parts often.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
The only forum I've ever joined, won't be the same without your name there.

Good Luck at whatever you do.

N.

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
Tex, thank you and good luck! Congratulations to over four years of keeping this wonderful community! :salute: and :cheers:

Scruce.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Tex - This is a good chance to say a huge thank you for creating this wonderful forum when M6 was playing up and for allowing me to become a larger part of the community by starting out as a moderator. In the time I've been here and I've seen it grow and grow. Now that your stepping down the place will be a little smaller but I promise you that we'll keep a place by the staff fireside for you always. :cheers:

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
well Mr. Norris, it's been a pleasure!

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
Tex,

Thanks for everything you've did for the community. This is the only community that I've joined, and I can't thank you enough for creating it.

Thanks and take care!

Derk

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Take a break Tex, you deserve it. Yes, it will be sad seeing your name in a different colour, but I thank you for the work you have done on the forum.

See ya round!!!

:hailprobe: Tex!

:cheers:

SE

Last edited:

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, as saddening as it is to see you go, Tex, I completely understand. Good luck in your future endeavors and don't be shy! :)

:cheers:, Tex, and :hailprobe:!

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
Tex, you and the rest of the Forum staff have created an oasis of thoughtful civility here. The best of luck to you in whatever direction your passions take you.

Just don't be a stranger!

...and keep making Orbiter films.:lol:

:cheers: :tiphat: :salute:

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
As short as it was - it was privilege to work with you.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Have a good rest, Tex. It's been fantastic moderating with you. All the best thanks to you, friend. :cheers:

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Thank you Tex for all your support and effort you've put into this!

If you ever come close to 6.6172°E 51.8330°N, drop me a note, I owe you (at least) a beer!

/Kuddel

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
With a lump in the throat, I say thanks. :(

Zatnikitelman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks Tex for creating this wonderful place and helping to make it a great community to be a part of! If Orbiter-Forum is any example, then I'm sure you'll greatly excel at whatever you choose to do :)

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Has it only been 4 years.

Feels so much longer!

Thanks for you effort Tex, I know I have certainly enjoyed my time here.

Looking forward to the great times that are to come :cheers: