The Breakthrough Junior Challenge

Astro SG Wise

Future Orion MPCV Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.aesd.blogspot.com
Dear fellow Orbiters,

My name is Sam Galuk. I've been doing orbiter for quite a few years not, but recently, I have been very absent from the program and this forum.

Anyway, I want to tell you guys about this awesome scholarship opportunity I signed up for known as the Breakthrough Junior Challenge. Run as an addition by Khan Academy to the Breakthrough Prize, applicants submitted a 5 minute video clip on any topic in the life sciences, math, or physics. I made my video about Orbit and the Hohmann Transfer. The winner receives a $250,000 college scholarship, $100,000 to his/her school for the purpose of building a new, high-tech lab, and $50,000 to his/her teacher that inspired said student. Yep, you heard that right, nearly half a million dollars total.

I submitted my video a few months ago, and I was recently notified that I have passed into the top 30 videos semi-final round out of 2000+ applicants. Now, an evaluation panel is pulling finalists from this group. This is where I need you fellow Orbiters. If I can get the most Facebook likes, shares, or other positive responses, I can directly bypass the evaluation panel and move on to the final round. You can watch my video at https://www.facebook.com/pg/BreakthroughPrize/videos/. While I can't make you like it, I hope you at least watch these videos on the website, because they are all pretty sweet.

If you end up liking it (which would be preferred), and/or sharing it, make sure your buddies are liking the video, not your post, as it will not qualify for my like counter. Share it with all your friends, as it was designed to help anyone understand orbital mechanics just a little better.

Thanks for your time and consideration, orbiting buddies. Good luck to all.
:cheers: :hailprobe:

(P.S. If you want to help me out by liking and sharing the video, try not to "Facebook like" the others, because it takes away from the vote you gave me.)

Thanks!
Sam G.

---------- Post added 11-02-16 at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was 11-01-16 at 04:45 PM ----------

Oh, and thank you, Dr. Schweiger, for liking my video. It is truly thanks to you and your software that has inspired my love of spaceflight and helped me understand these concepts. Truly honored.

Cheers! :cheers: