OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
These ads make me cringe:

"Cheat on your wife with this site"
"Life is short have an affair"
"Engage in dangerous and disgusting sex with random internet strangers"
"Ugly girls want love too"

Watch less adult videos then, the ads are just based on your internet history.:tiphat:

WIN :lol::lol::lol:

As much as I'm in favor of sites being paid for by ads and YouTubers getting paid for their work, I really can't list the last 10 ads I've seen. I can tell you the last 5 YouTube videos I saw. Each was over 20 minutes long. But I can't tell you the last ad I've seen. I don't remember it.

I seem to have developed a strong mental filter that gets rid of useless information right away.

How many of you have done the same? :p

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Unless I'm already interested in the product, ads rarely grab my attention.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Unless I'm already interested in the product, ads rarely grab my attention.

That's not what I asked.

My question is: Can you remember off the top of your head the last 5 ads you've seen? Or even just the last one...

Compare that to the last five episodes of your favorite TV show or last five sporting events, whatever you may be into...

MattBaker

Reaction score
My question is: Can you remember off the top of your head the last 5 ads you've seen? Or even just the last one...

Usually not, the only exception would be when YouTube has one of those ads that seem to play before every single video. So you've seen it half a dozen times yesterday, see it half a dozen times today and see it another dozen times tomorrow. Then I can remember that ad and feel inclined to hate that product.

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
That's not what I asked.

Compare that to the last five episodes of your favorite TV show or last five sporting events, whatever you may be into...

Only when they're aired ad nauseum. The previous five specifically? No.

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar
MORE ADS!
bnl4.jpg

AND MORE!!!

What I do when I have to remove spam and advertising, usually use the following:

- A deep scan with Malwarebytes.
- A deep scan with Dr.Web.
- Install Adblock (and if necessary Adblock Plus), the active and Easy Privacy EasyList filters.
- Cleaning with CCleaner.

Good luck to eliminating those ads:hunter:.

Oh, one more:

-Send a Tsar bomb to the headquarters of the channels of sales on TV.
:hide:

Last edited:

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
AdBlock and AdBlock Plus are two forks of the same thing, by the way. Can't remember which one I've been using...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

The last one was the Audi TTS advert... which I mostly remember because it has a nice little sneak attack on the big brother in Wolfsburg.

Then... Samsung Galaxy (I wouldn't buy Samsung again, but the advert is nice). Destiny (crappy game, but cool ads). Fiat 500... and of course the Volkswagen ad with Shatner and Nimoy.

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
What I do when I have to remove spam and advertising, usually use the following:

- A deep scan with Malwarebytes.
- A deep scan with Dr.Web.
- Install Adblock (and if necessary Adblock Plus), the active and Easy Privacy EasyList filters.
- Cleaning with CCleaner.
I'd add AdwCleaner to the stash.

steph

Reaction score
A while ago , I used to live in a mixed dormroom ( boys&girls, living wall to wall :thumbup: ). And most of the ads and stuff like yahoo news articles were "by default" about cosmetics, gossip, and celebrities. I mean, a ton of girly stuff, way more than should randomly appear as ads.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Annoyingly, spending all day working on a website's DFP advert slots skews the advertising trackers into believing that I really like this site and want more adverts of the same ilk.

It's a hairdresser wholesalers site (I won't advertise the link here). I'm not running a salon, so none of their products are of any use to me. But I get adverts for them constantly on every site with DFP ads.

Abdullah

armchair engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Everytime, I see a pop-up window that only exists for opening more popup windows when I try to close it, I shut down Javascript and Flash, kick out the pop-up, and send a 9-line message to the next A-10 for strafing the company HQ of the advertiser.
Why don't you try blowing them up???

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

I can't think of a good reason to say 'Accept' to any Facebook app that asks to post on my behalf.
Well yeah I guess so. But no experience matches this that claimed it would change your facebook theme. Not only did it not do that, but it advertised itself on my behalf EVERYWHERE I WENT!!! People were probably like "Whaaaaa....... what the heck is this person upto??!?!?!?!?!?!!":facepalm: I (luckily) never got to know, but I'm sure if I hadn't deleted it in a few minutes later, I'd have been banned from a good many groups. Really, it was a HORROR!!!

Oh and I forgot-it also arrived via a spam comment that looked very convincing from a close friend.

Since then, I have picked out several people whose accounts are being used to post appvertisements and advertisements, and replied saying something like "You didn't post that"

Last edited:

Keatah

Reaction score
I don't bother doing a baggie chase with ad filters and script blockers. I occasionally clear all extraneous cookies and browser caches and index.dat files. Actually that's standard part and parcel of regular PC maintenance along with backups. Simple stuff.

Also on occasion I'll do some fake searches for boring things like oscilloscopes and test meters and electric parts.

And if a page has too many ads or gets in my face, I just go elsewhere.

Abdullah

armchair engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
And if a page has too many ads or gets in my face, I just go elsewhere.

You can just [URL="http://kickassapp.com/']vaporize the ads[/URL]
From now on, l'm just going to destroy all content that annoys me. :rofl:

Last edited: