Gaming The Kerbal Space Program - Version 1.2.x

HarvesteR

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Finally it's time to unveil what I've been working on for the last 6 months! Needless to say, I'm feeling a little nervous right now... I hope you like it. :cheers:

Without further ado, here it is:

The Kerbal Space Program

tyTTX.png

KSP is a game about building and flying spacecraft. There are 2 main sections to the game as of now. The Vehicle Assembly Building, where you can create spacecraft in a LEGO-like manner, and the Launchpad, where you launch the ship you've built and fly it.

The game is still very much WIP, we are curently in early-alpha stage, so don't expect it to be fully functioning and completely bug free right now... It will get better as we continue to update it. (by 'we', I mean myself and the 2 other guys who are working on it with me) :)

Currently, it's only possible to contruct rocket-like ships, but later, we plan to include new features to make contruction of any type of spacecraft possible, as well as space center management mechanics (like BARiS), missions, other planets and moons, and so on.

KSPimage08.png

We are going for the best known-to-be-successful model for independent games: The first versions are free, and when the game reaches a certain point in development, we'll leave the free version open as a demo, and start working on the full version, which people will be able to buy for a much discounted price during development. And as the game nears completion, we'll gradually step up the price towards the final value.

But I don't want this thread to sound like I'm advertising my own game here... The OF community has helped me immensely already in some key aspects of the game, even though no one knew what I was talking about. So I'll keep the sales pitch out of this. :thumbup::cheers:

mwyu6.jpg

This game is not meant to compete with Orbiter, mind... that wouldn't be a good idea anyway, to compete with a freeware simulator with 12 years of development on it... This is meant to be a different take on space games, it's not a full blown space sim, but it's not your average space shooter either. At best, I hope this can be a stepping stone for people to get into Orbiter. At worst, I hope it's at least somewhat entertaining. :lol:

LZ5tECM.png

There are still many design decisions to be made, before we can be sure of how we should go about things... Mainly, I'm divided between having orbital mechanics in the game or not... So we decided to leave it up to the players to decide. :thumbup: ...So if you like it, join the KSP Forums

I hope you like it. :cheers:

Cheers

Last edited:

diogom

Reaction score
Just played it, and it's great. Nice job! :thumbup:

HarvesteR

Reaction score
Thanks!! that's a very nice thing to hear as a first ever reply :)

Cheers

diogom

Reaction score
Well, I'm sure you'll have many more good replies.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
This is really fun to play with! :cheers: Though my first flight wasn't very successful :lol:
KSPFlight1.jpg

diogom

Reaction score
This is really fun to play with! :cheers: Though my first flight wasn't very successful :lol:

You're not alone :lol: Though I successfully landed. :thumbup:

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
Some of mine have been positively pant-wettingly tall. And there have been explosions aplenty. just one thing: can we have time accel on the next version?

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
woot! over 100Km up! With no mishaps!
--EDIT: sorry, spoke too soon. 200Km up, but not orbiting, just straight up.--

Last edited:

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
My latest triumph! to make this work you have to abandon all laws of sanity. And remember, the F key is your friend!

Attachments

• MISSION1ROCKET.jpg
    MISSION1ROCKET.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 120
  • mission1result.jpg
    mission1result.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 100

Turbinator

Reaction score
Wow, this time I went really, really, far. And high. :)

Attachments

• flight 8.jpg
    flight 8.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 76
  • flight 8-1.jpg
    flight 8-1.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 58
  • flight 8-2.jpg
    flight 8-2.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 70
  • flight 8-3.jpg
    flight 8-3.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 97

Turbinator

Reaction score
My latest triumph! to make this work you have to abandon all laws of sanity. And remember, the F key is your friend!

What did you do to poor Bob? :lol:

Yes, the F key is your best friend in the atmosphere stage. The F key and SAS modules.

Did anyone try advanced stage configuration? Where you can make certain parts of one stage eject when another stage ejects? For example upper fins, when a lower stage goes? I am trying that next.

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
my highest is 469Km! you can see the monster I used to do this In my previous post.