Gaming The Kerbal Space Program - Version 1.2.x

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Ok, now I feel old. I remember trying to figure out the Kerbin LEO velocity with HarvesteR's first demo here, and also how much fun it was to eventually achieve orbit with a Jebediah laughing like a mad man.

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Ok, now I feel old. I remember trying to figure out the Kerbin LEO velocity with HarvesteR's first demo here, and also how much fun it was to eventually achieve orbit with a Jebediah laughing like a mad man.
Likewise - yesterday evening I was reading through the first 10 or so pages of this thread and saw exactly what you described.

I remember someone on the official forum having compiled a spreadsheet of orbital velocities requried for a (circular) orbit at a number of altitudes, and basically the only method was to launch, wait quite a bit for apoapsis since in the first version there was not time acceleration, and referencethe measured speed and altitude.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I remember an early version where rockets were like jelly and you had to use struts everywhere. It was kind of fun and challenging.

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
O-F Staff Note: 23 posts about KSP 2 moved to a new KSP 2 thread here. Please feel free to continue the KSP 2 discussion there, and let's keep this thread for KSP 1.x. Thanks!

misha.physics

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
This is what happens if you press a spacebar in orbit mindlessly. In front you can see the engine from the service module, which is in the background. Fortunatelly the crew survived the fall form a certain altitude when no fuel left. It just remains to bring them home. However, now they have a new home...

It's interesting if it's possible to make a module -- a craft constructor to design and construct rockets inside Orbiter.

screenshot0.png